"Dipped my toe in the pool" so to speak

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dipped my toe in the pool" so to speak

Let me start out by saying that I don't CRH. My 8 year old daughter and I were at the bank today. After I finished my transaction, I figured I would get my daughter a couple of halves as a reward for a very good school year. This is what the teller gave me.
006.JPG

I think I might start CRH and filling those folders for my daughter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Dipped my toe in the pool" so to speak

dave5710 said:
2 for 2. I would go back and buy them all.
I just went back, someone got the rest. Gotta strike when the iron is hot.....lesson learned. :(

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Yeah give your daughter $2K and have her go buy the Boxes, :laughing7: tell us how tellers react.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Willie d,
Nice idea to get her started in the hobby of coins. Get her a Dansco Kennedy Half Dollar Book for a gift. Make sure the book is P/D mints only (no proofs). You will be able to fill it up easily with coins you get in rolls except for the 1987-P and D and the 1970-D. Those you can buy at a coin dealer for very reasonable prices. Good luck
rileyboy

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rileyboy said:
Willie d,
Nice idea to get her started in the hobby of coins. Get her a Dansco Kennedy Half Dollar Book for a gift. Make sure the book is P/D mints only (no proofs). You will be able to fill it up easily with coins you get in rolls except for the 1987-P and D and the 1970-D. Those you can buy at a coin dealer for very reasonable prices. Good luck
rileyboy
Just picked up a couple of whitman Kennedy folders on the way home. :icon_thumleft:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Yep, they are hooked. Welcome to coin roll hunting! ffd

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

rileyboy said:
Willie d,
rileyboy
I'm a little unsure of this advice- the object isn't to fill the book quickly but to be a work in progress. When the book is full the game is over. If you are spending the money for a Dansco go for the gusto. Granted I search alot of coin but proofs are a common occurance (wouldn't you want someplace to put them).
I agree with Obie, let her buy the boxes- she can say your just there to carry the heavy boxes. HH Mark
Did you still give her the halves? haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread