Newbie on Long Island

lugnut428

Jun 12, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd say hello and let you all know I've been reading here for a bit now and decided today to go CRH for the first time while I was out going to yard sales.

First bank -- they had $27 in halves -- found 6 40%! Not too shabby for my first CRHunt.

Next 10(ish) banks -- 3 halves total -- and a whole lot of "we don't have any sorry"

I'm realizing now how hard it's going to be to even find halves, never mind the silvers...

I'm gonna keep at it though -- so far I'm having fun! :icon_thumright:

Anyways -- thanks for all the good info and tips!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Welcome, Lugnut! Looks like you had a good first day CRHing.
Best of luck with the hobby.
rileyboy

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice!!! also, u can still order boxes of halves ($500 boxes) from ur bank, that what i always do...i dont even ask for halvess the bank have on hand...and if i do its a very rare occasion. welcome to the forum, and now ur hooked!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, this hobby is addicting, but fun!

Good Luck and Welcome,

apush :read2:

OP
OP
L

lugnut428

Jun 12, 2010
I might have to try ordering a box or two and see what happens.

I tried some dimes too -- no dice though. I think I saw someone on here write that you can buy bags of dimes and that the bags have a higher likelihood of having older coins -- true? How much is a bag, $250?

Thanks!!!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a pretty good first hunt

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
lugnut428 said:

I tried some dimes too -- no dice though. I think I saw someone on here write that you can buy bags of dimes and that the bags have a higher likelihood of having older coins -- true? How much is a bag, $250?

Thanks!!!

Welcome aboard !
I've done a lot of dimes,mostly last year. I've done bags,boxes, and handrolled. The oldest dimes I've found were for the most part in boxes.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
L

lugnut428

Jun 12, 2010
Rich Hartford said:
lugnut428 said:

Thanks!!!

Welcome aboard !
I've done a lot of dimes,mostly last year. I've done bags,boxes, and handrolled. The oldest dimes I've found were for the most part in boxes.
HH
Rich

Thanks for the tip! I tried a few more dimes today -- skunked again though. I did order my first box of halves though...I'm excited to see how that works out....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread