Found some silver...

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Was at a WF this weekend making a deposit when I saw what appeared to be a silver dime at the bottom of the tray in the adjacent teller's station, I wandered over to look at the edge, and confirmed that it was silver. It took a lot of effort to get that dime (it was at the bottom of the tray, the teller said it was not silver, etc. etc.), which made the score all that much sweeter.

Today, I was at the Home Depot, and my purchase was $XX.09. That meant $0.91 in change! I looked in the drawer while the change was being doled out (did not see anything interesting), did an edge check on the change (nothing interesting), and went on my way. As I was sorting the change at the house (I keep the coppers and the quarters and throw the rest in the little guy's piggy bank) I noticed a couple of 1959 pennys. Then, as I was getting ready to put the quarters in their holding tube (I roll them up when I get $10 worth), I hear a strange "clink". I look down and see a 1956 quarter! I clearly missed that one when I did my edge check.

I guess I need to pay more attention.

All in all, that made the weekend a little sweeter...

Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I edge check the dealers tray of halves when I play blackjack. I used to save all my halves from blackjacks (bet a multiple of $5 and you get a half). Before I started getting boxes I checked all my blackjack halves ~$400 and found 6 40%.

I got a '64 last year from a dealer who noticed I was checking out the halves.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Usually when it's at the bottom of a tray, it's being saved for someone...almost certainly the cherrypicking teller.

Joad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions