Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Only made a short run in my local area today. Stopped at six banks and got a total of $15.00 in loose halves from teller trays. None of the banks had any rolls at all. Managed to keep the streak alive with another single 1969-D Kennedy 40%er. However, this coin is really spectacular. I would grade it to be mint state. Beautiful luster and no dings or scratches. One of the nicest coins I have ever gotten from the "wild". I hope the photo does it justice. Now for the bad news. The streak will have to be put on hold for a while as I'm going in for total hip replacement surgery a week from Friday (June 25th). I was hoping to CRH right up until the day before, just to have something to do. But, the pain has finally gotten to me and getting in and out of the car is now a major event. Have been walking with a cane since February and it's not fun. Had my other hip replaced in 2006 and that one is fine now. However, following the surgery I developed bad blood clots in my lungs and was "down" for quite a while. That being said, I'm preparing myself for this one coming up, so no cigars and am getting ready for heavy blood thinners. Have lost 32 lbs. and the surgeon now wants me to try and stay off my feet as much as possible. Soooo! with all of you wonderful people's permission, rileyboy is now on "CRHing sick leave" probably until late July or early August. I'll be monitoring the forum, so I want all of you to keep me excited with some great "scores" out there. All the best to everyone and wish me luck. I may need it.
rileyboy and "Riley"

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: Day #10 rileyboy going on "sick leave"

Hey RB. I admire your tanasity and hunger for the hunt. All with those issues. Don't ever give up the hunt. Take a break, gain your strength and come back strong. You could always arrange for box orders and have a friend or relative pick them up. That way you are still on the hunt but with your feet up. Good luck and Hope you still post. Take care.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread