Canadian Silver Mapleleafs.Bought for $18.00 each. 85 total

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Picked these up yesterday.85 1 ounce mapleleafs in total.The guy I bought these from was happy with the price and said I would get a call on Monday.He has 500 more ;D.Plus about 200 ounces in 1 ounce bars ! Posting an ad on an internet classified website really does work.If you pay a fair price,you get repeat business.Ive been to this persons house 5 times already.If you guys would like ,I can post the stuff I buy more often.Would you guys be ok with that?

Attachments

• maple 1.jpg
    maple 1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 362
  • maple2.jpg
    maple2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You got better than a good deal. Why would anyone sell Maples for less than spot? Since the Canadian dollar is worth less than the US dollar (at least for the near term), you did even better. Many local coin dealers around here will pay 25 cents or more OVER spot (depending on condition of the coins and current demand) for silver maples. Apmex is currently paying 19.71 (US dollars) for silver maples.

Jim

OP
OP
greg23

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I usually buy them at 40 cents under spot price.There are other people in my area who also buy coins,jewellery and bullion as well.I called a guy and asked him what he would pay for silver maples.He told me $1.50 under spot price.I only have one other person who matches my prices in this area,but we get along pretty good.Hes been the coin business for 40 plus years and has taught me quite a bit over the last 10 years or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread