Best half dollar box in 2 months (and that aint saying much!)

peanuttom

Oct 4, 2009
Best half dollar box in 2 months (and that ain't saying much!)

After 2 long months of crummy half boxes I finally got one that I used to pass off as normal. 5 silvers. 4 40% and 1 '64 Kennedy. After the 1st 2 40s I was rooting to get one more, just to finally find 3 for the first time in a long time. I'm actually very happy with the result. I've been comtemplating giving up boxes for about a month. My bank charges me a monthly fee, and a dumping fee on top of that, so it doesn't make sense to keep dumping skunk boxes.

It does make sense to keep the account open for the convenience of dumping bags instead of having to roll my dumps and scatter them all over town. As long as my road trips continue to be productive, I will keep the account open because of the access to all the branches that the bank (B of A) has. It sure is easier to dump $1000 in 2 bags with a merchant teller who happily takes them than shoving 20 rolls thru the slot to 5 different tellers in 5 different branches whose faces drop when they see they are halves. And good luck when you ask them the next time if they have any halves >:(. Long story short, it was a good night. I found silver!

Upvote 0

endthefed13

Apr 9, 2010
Re: Best half dollar box in 2 months (and that ain't saying much!)

WOW! What a creepy coincidence that I too have been experiencing a drought
and today I picked up one box. It is a very similar box to yours. Weird. :o

40%- 5 1965-1970
90%- 1 1964

Anyway, great job :icon_thumright:

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

WTG! :hello2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

peanuttom said:
After 2 long months of crummy half boxes I finally got one that I used to pass off as normal. 5 silvers. 4 40% and 1 '64 Kennedy. After the 1st 2 40s I was rooting to get one more, just to finally find 3 for the first time in a long time. I'm actually very happy with the result. I've been comtemplating giving up boxes for about a month. My bank charges me a monthly fee, and a dumping fee on top of that, so it doesn't make sense to keep dumping skunk boxes.

It does make sense to keep the account open for the convenience of dumping bags instead of having to roll my dumps and scatter them all over town. As long as my road trips continue to be productive, I will keep the account open because of the access to all the branches that the bank (B of A) has. It sure is easier to dump $1000 in 2 bags with a merchant teller who happily takes them than shoving 20 rolls thru the slot to 5 different tellers in 5 different branches whose faces drop when they see they are halves. And good luck when you ask them the next time if they have any halves >:(. Long story short, it was a good night. I found silver!

Good score on the box. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just out of curiosity what are they charging you for boxes and dumps?
HH
Rich

OP
OP
P

peanuttom

Oct 4, 2009

When I first opened the account, it was a small business account. 20 free deposits per month, $15 monthly fee waived if you used their debit card once a month. I'd use if for gas on a road trip. No other fees. After 5 months, they informed me that because of the volume of deposits (20+) approx. 35 boxes per month, they were changing my account to a full business account with fees for everything. Actually, all that changed was a $20 monthly maintenance fee, plus $2 per deposit and $.14 per $100 deposited. My fees have been anywhere from $50 to $80/month depending on how much I dump there. I'd prefer free, but as long as I keep getting silver on road trips (cold calls), the costs aren't prohibitive. I want to keep ordering a couple of boxes a week just so I can monitor if the silver is coming back around. And as I said, I hate dumping rolls all over town. I'm in a bit of a landlocked area, so I hit the same banks over and over again looking for silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions