apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months back, I posted a grip about one of my pick-up-halves-banks. I opened an account at this bank only because one of my former APUSH students was an assistant manager. I ordered two boxes of halves per week for a good while.

Then, one day, when she was off, the "new" coin-ordering teller (as he called himself, boasting of his new promotion), told me with all the tellers in tow, that he could only order me 1 box per week, and that if I ordered 2, it would cost me $20.00 per box. Being a novice and the southern lady I am, I did not buck the system. You don't know how bad I wanted to tell this "child" off. But to say the least, I was embarrassed, as I am unaccustomed to being on display amongst folks who think I must be poor. Momma always told me this: It is better to say nothing than to say something and let people think you are ignorant. So, I said nothing, smiled with the best smile I could muster--but it bothered me nonetheless.

So, finally my APUSH student is there at the bank this evening. I broke down and told her the story of my plight. Fire and brimstone was flashing from her dark brown eyes. She informed me right out there is no such policy and I can order as many boxes as I want too. In fact, she had "heard" I had went to another branch to order boxes (another APUSH student of mine works at another branch at same bank) and was wondering why I did so. She said it hurt her feelings. I am sad at this, because she was one of my top students who passed the College Board AP US History exam. Guys--if you don't know what this means--it really means a top, smart, kid. Only 50% of students who take this exam worldwide pass.

Here it is: I now can order as many boxes as I please, and the "guy" who was gonna charge me $20 per box is now in a tad of trouble.

I wish this had never happened. I don't like to be unladylike. It is important for my heritage, culture--to be proper in decorum--but this takes the cake!

Apush :read2:

Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
ask her if banks pay a fee per trip for coins, or if they pay a fee per ordered box. i really want to know if it costs them any thing...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
d2arcing said:
ask her if banks pay a fee per trip for coins, or if they pay a fee per ordered box. i really want to know if it costs them any thing...

It isn't one or the other. Some banks have corporate contracts negotiated with a carrier for a region. For example: I had an old supply bank that had quite a few branches in the Jacksonville area. Their corporate headquarters is in Orlando. They have a contract with Loomis to serve all their branches needs. The individual branches don't "pay". All services are still accounted for each branch, but the corporate pays the tab for all.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I have to agree with Dave. That teller was going to pocket the $20.00.
At least you have found a bank where you can pick up as many boxes as you want for free.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A little APUSH story--Revised

Gentlemen,
I just wanted you all to know that the word that was deleted by the monitor was the word "--deleted--." I do not use profanity, and I am unsure why that word was censored. Okay, it is deleted again, so here goes: ig-nor-ant. Let's try that. :laughing9:

I do my best to present myself as a lady and would never use foul language as this is a family-friendly forum.

Mr. Hartford--I am being censored I think for an incorrect reason. Does anyone else agree. I plead the First Amendment.

apush :read2:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I knew that a cuz-in-law of mine would never use profanity!
Looks like you fixed the prob.

:angel12:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i also agree w/ the teller pocketing the 20...good luck, and order a buttload of boxes from that bank now, and whenever u see him make sure he sees u carrying out all of the boxes. (25 to be exact).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread