Im not a quarter searcher BUT....

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
i was in an area ive picked over dimes halves and nickels, so i thought id grab a few hundred ( 8 ) in quarters to to kill the night. Waited until wife and daughter were sleepin snuck downstairs and spent most of the time just la te da ing....When i opened a regular orange quarter wrapper to find. SILVER and more silver quarters in 1 roll than ive found in the 15 months ive been doing this hobby i found 18 silver quarters in a one roll. And thats not the amazing part 9 of them are standing libertys with readable dates (ID post pictures but there already in my binder and sealed in! NO key dates and only 1 double (2) 1928-S but just wanted to let you all know ( especially those of us struggling through our halve boxes ) its still out there even in places we have already looked.

HH
~Holmes~

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good show Holmes, that is a fantastic find,equal to a dreambox :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nothing is more challenging than seaching quarters. A good score such as yours is extremely difficult, and to get dated standing liberties is mind boggling.
They are out there though,and I'll bet that there are quarter dream boxes out there as well.
Congrats on your find !
HH
Rich

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Holmes, that's awesome! Congrats too on the elusive SLQ, in multiples! I've only searched $1200 in quarters, found one. ffd

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
let me get this straight you searched 800 in quarters, and you found 18 in one roll and nothing in the rest?

congrats. i want a slq

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
So are we to assume these were customer wrapped rolls? I had a nice run of quarters a few months back, got several boxes that were loaded. I had the fever so bad I dreamt I was a fly on the wall behind some teenie bopper handing out silver quarters in change at Taco Bell- very disturbing.
Congrats, Mark

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Last year I searched 66 boxes of quarters. 132,000 quarters. SLQ's 0. Previous year 0. Lifetime grand total 0.

I would be stoked for days if I found that many. Congratulations.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
CHAINCHOMP said:
fistfulladirt,
when u say u got one in $1200.00 do u mean one silver quarter, or do u mean one SLQ???
CC, I meant to say that I found 1 silver Washington quarter out of $1,200 searched.

ffd

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Ummm....Sorry they were customer wrapped rolls i think it was someones collection ( and yes that one roll is the only roll with silver ) and it was in the last 10 rolls i searched.

CoinMoJo
I will TRY to post pics but it is a process around here

Thanx for all the wonderful comments!

HH
~Holmes~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread