Stopped by a Bank to ca$h a chek 2day....

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Stopped by a Bank to ca$h a check 2day, while there asked if they had any Halves she said no but that she'd check with other tellers- she came back with $7 worth and counted them out in 7 piles, no Silver showing (bummer) then she said you want some $2 bills (I don't but said yes to please her- make a friend you know), she counted me out $92 in 2 dollar Bills (whee right), any way got outside and to the first stop sign looked at my $7 in halves and to my surprise found a 1964 and 2 1968's, sweet huh(?) :o . I rarely ever find even clads at that Bank.

Upvote 0

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Obe,
Your kindness was rewarded with silver and $2 bills!

Cheers!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love when silver falls into my lap. Have fun spending those funny money $2 bills.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Maybe I need to start taking them dueces, I am asked all the time. One time I did and it didn't improve my silver take though. Congrats, Mark

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 stop = 3 silvers. Not a bad deal at all. Anything come of the 2$ bills?

apush :read2:

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
apush said:
1 stop = 3 silvers. Not a bad deal at all. Anything come of the 2$ bills?

apush :read2:
Well I spent one, so far; they are crisp 2003's all in succession; it appears someone just turned them in, they had never been used B4.

The wife got her 6 Boxes 2day will start a new thread for her if she does well- but so far she has found nothing no enders and no Silver in the first few rolls of her 1st Box.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey obe you might want to hang onto those 2 dollar bills if they are all consec. serial numbers. i have about 250 worth of them with the serial numbers like that. you also had good luck at the bank. it has been months since i got a keeper from the teller tray on a cold call

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
hey obe you might want to hang onto those 2 dollar bills if they are all consec. serial numbers. i have about 250 worth of them with the serial numbers like that. you also had good luck at the bank. it has been months since i got a keeper from the teller tray on a cold call
Not sure what they'd be worth or more importantly when- but they are neat to handle, soo crisp-n-all. They are not the 1976 ones but 2003 .

Odd story: a wealthy homeowner shot- killed an off duty Deputy sheriff who was looking at the mans home (unannounced), which was for sale, at 11 pm. The way the Media is handling this local story is making me wonder on a number of fronts. The picture of Deputy reveals he is of foreign descent or ancestry, homeowner has not been arrested either.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice score on the silver, don't know much about the currency. Around here all the tellers call those $2 bills, stripper bills. They say they hand them out for change at the local club for some reason... :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i used to take them off the tellers hands too, but started accumulating too many. so now when they ask i say " i'll take any old ones you have. " i have gotten many old ones including a couple 1922 large red seals and many star notes.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
hmm you a noob? can't spot silver when looking far? you said you saw nothing zzz :icon_sunny:

very nice, get going :notworthy:

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice job! just out a curiousity, are the twos anything special, cuz i can get uncirc. stacks of 'em from my bank???
No I just take them from tellers who ask if want them as a kindness to them as know they do not like them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread