I think Im going to sell some 64 kennedys

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I think I'm going to sell some 64 kennedys

I have an offer of $1,350 for $100 of 1964 Kennedy's, and I pay shipping, so that will still net me about $1,330. I think I'm going to do it. I have more 1964s and having money sitting in a box doing nothing just sometimes feels odd to me. So I'll sell, take the money, and take out our front yard of grass. Replace it with rocks. In AZ, most houses have no front yard. the watering bills are ridiculous, and it is a pain to cut every week (All year round, as we have winter grass and summer grass) So for this, plus a little more I will use from elsewhere, I can get it taken out and nice cacti put in with rocks and make it look nice.

The hobby is great, and I intend to keep collecting more silver, but selling some off might not be bad once in a while. Plus I still have almost 2 tons of copper pennies that I don't want to sell yet. When copper goes up and those can be sold at a better price I'll have a lot of those to put on the market. :-) FOr now though, I see silver near a multi year high and gold up, and think it might not be bad to sell some off.

And if silver goes to $25 in a week after i sell, I still have my American eagles. :-)

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: I think I'm going to sell some 64 kennedys

quiksilver said:
Actually real estate could probably go either way. Owning real estate sounds like a good idea while inflation hits but untill then you still have to pay the mortgage. Regardless of what "they" say we are not all equal and my less then equal tennants make life and trying to get ahead very stressfull. One works for toyota and the other is a substitute teacher neither job right now looking too good. Without long boring stories of their shenanigans i will just say i wish i sold during the boom and put my money into gold and silver for the coming inflation.
Either way for sure but down first for sure. RealEstate (pardon me here), only sounds good now cause one does not recognize the peril we are in and face in the countdown to total collapse when the currency becomes worthless, not just worth less but literally worhtless; the examples of history are all there for US to consider- and on top of that we have leadership, not just in US but in many lands with globalists at helms who actually want and are managing the declines as they worsen purposefully cause they can use the crisis' to gain more control over US and the world. I personally feel the fullness of time is upon this madd world, it is gonna get very lawless in some, no many frightening ways.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

i cant ever imagine selling any of my stash (even 40%), but especially 90% for that matter, but i guess its for a fair price, so good luck!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
quiksilver said:
Actually real estate could probably go either way. Owning real estate sounds like a good idea while inflation hits but untill then you still have to pay the mortgage. Regardless of what "they" say we are not all equal and my less then equal tennants make life and trying to get ahead very stressfull. One works for toyota and the other is a substitute teacher neither job right now looking too good. Without long boring stories of their shenanigans i will just say i wish i sold during the boom and put my money into gold and silver for the coming inflation.
Either way for sure but down first for sure. RealEstate (pardon me here), only sounds good now cause one does not recognize the peril we are in and face in the countdown to total collapse when the currency becomes worthless, not just worth less but literally worhtless; the examples of history are all there for US to consider- and on top of that we have leadership, not just in US but in many lands with globalists at helms who actually want and are managing the declines as they worsen purposefully cause they can use the crisis' to gain more control over US and the world. I personally feel the fullness of time is upon this madd world, it is gonna get very lawless in some, no many frightening ways.

Another words, you better be packin. ;)

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

CHAINCHOMP said:
i cant ever imagine selling any of my stash (even 40%), but especially 90% for that matter, but i guess its for a fair price, so good luck!
The market for %40's are very thin compared to the %90's have found, many people, even smelters do not want them, so I do not mind selling them when need the FRN's to maintain cash flow. The only place have found that seems to love %40's is buyers on FleaBay.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$1350 for $100 in 90% isn't too bad. Just under $7.00 per coin I bet you could get more though. Silver has been dropping the last couple of days. I'd still try to get at least $1500 for that many 90%. I don't think I would sell for less.

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer

I would and have sold mine :P
Some people always say you can get more but :tongue3:
If, you have someone with money in hand that wants to give
it to you "take it" :laughing7:
I know we all do this for our own reasons, and some of us
like to sell them while others like to keep them.
Again "to me" Money talks :)
Gl
Enjoy your new yard,and take your wife out for a nice dinner.
HH
Gl

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My idea is to save em till silver rises a lot more. But it may or may not peak much higher than it already has this year. I tend to think it will several years down the road. Only way I will sell before that is if I really need the money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions