Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: TD Tale

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2009
    East Coast
    White's MXT
    25 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

TD Tale

Stopped in a TD Bank to dump some halves. Teller came over right away to help with the bags as they fill at $100 and I had $400 or so. After a bit the machine jams and I show the teller how take it apart. While pulling out the excess coins we find several other objects...a plated gold chain, a silly band, a stack of round magnets and a full human tooth...looked like a wisdom tooth. Kinda grossed me out a bit. We finally got the machine going again and I ask him what they do with the foreign coin they pull from the magnet. He says they send them back to headquarters and they send to a guy in NJ who sorts them and exchanges it somewhere for U.S. TD Bank gets 30% and he keeps the rest. Sounds like a sweet deal. I've pulled hundreds of foreign from their machines just in the past year...just throw them in a jar and let the kids keep the ones they like.

Joad

us
    Oct 2008

Re: TD Tale

I do the same thing. Most of the time i just take the coins and nobody notices me. Every once in a while if the machine jams and they're standing right there I'll ask if i can have the coins off the magnet. They usually say yes but i know of one TD that doesn't let me. I don't know what they do with them. Kind of weird.

us
    Feb 2010
    Dallas,GA
    Garrett Ace 250

Either ignorance or brainfart keeps me from knowing what TD is if anyone cares to unabbreviate please?
    2010 Totals
       1964 Ken 185 , 40% Ken 1605, Ben 48, WLH 17, Barber 1
    90% Proof 13, Proof 180, Other/Comm 13 , silver comm 2
         Merc 2, Roos 24, Canadian 1
          War Nickel 6, Silv Wash 7 Grand total 2010 silver keepers= 1911 keepers

us
    Apr 2009
    East Coast
    White's MXT
    25 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by JD-GA
    Either ignorance or brainfart keeps me from knowing what TD is if anyone cares to unabbreviate please?
    A Bank chain called "TD Bank"...

us
    Mar 2010
    Colorado Springs CO.
    Bounty Hunter QS
    1 times

nice, ide love if they let me keep the goodies off the magnet, or in the kick out buckety sort of thing, but they (my cu) said the HAVE to throw them away, and they cant give them to a specific customer, becuz that would be favoring a certain customer over all of the others! but, im sure on occasion if i get a teller that come 2 change the bags that doesnt know the rules, or also finds them 2 b stupid like i do, they would prob. give me the goodies out of the kick out bucket/magnet...but who knows!
    CHAINCHOMP

Dec 2006
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by joad
    Quote Originally Posted by JD-GA
    A Bank chain called "TD Bank"...
    http://www.tdbank.com/aboutus/about_us.html
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

us
    Oct 2009
    10 times

Might have better luck getting the foreign coins on the magnet if you remind them that those coins were probably yours [even if they werent]

us
    Mar 2010
    Colorado Springs CO.
    Bounty Hunter QS
    1 times

quik, that would be awesome!!! but, i think they know im a collector, and would probably save any foreign coins...also, when ever a bag fills up, im sure when they get in there to change it they see all of the coins on the magnet, but figure theyll get them later...then they would know im lying but good idea tho.
    CHAINCHOMP

us
    Oct 2009
    10 times

Well i just went to 3 TD banks today and "took" the coins off the magnet myself.

us
    Oct 2009
    10 times

Went to 2 TDs yesterday but was only able to scoop 1 because a teller decided to help me.

us
    Apr 2009
    East Coast
    White's MXT
    25 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Picked 9 Canadian dollars from a magnet today.

us
    Oct 2009
    10 times

Was able to scoop 3 outa 4 today but the pickins were slim due to the fact it was the morning. I noticed nights and weekend afternoons yield better results.

us
    Oct 2009
    10 times

Just pulled another 4 outa 5

Sponsored Links