TD Tale

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Stopped in a TD Bank to dump some halves. Teller came over right away to help with the bags as they fill at $100 and I had $400 or so. After a bit the machine jams and I show the teller how take it apart. While pulling out the excess coins we find several other objects...a plated gold chain, a silly band, a stack of round magnets and a full human tooth...looked like a wisdom tooth. Kinda grossed me out a bit. We finally got the machine going again and I ask him what they do with the foreign coin they pull from the magnet. He says they send them back to headquarters and they send to a guy in NJ who sorts them and exchanges it somewhere for U.S. TD Bank gets 30% and he keeps the rest. Sounds like a sweet deal. I've pulled hundreds of foreign from their machines just in the past year...just throw them in a jar and let the kids keep the ones they like.

Joad

Upvote 0

Dave 77

Oct 19, 2008
I do the same thing. Most of the time i just take the coins and nobody notices me. Every once in a while if the machine jams and they're standing right there I'll ask if i can have the coins off the magnet. They usually say yes but i know of one TD that doesn't let me. I don't know what they do with them. Kind of weird.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Either ignorance or brainfart keeps me from knowing what TD is if anyone cares to unabbreviate please?

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
JD-GA said:
Either ignorance or brainfart keeps me from knowing what TD is if anyone cares to unabbreviate please?

A Bank chain called "TD Bank"...

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice, ide love if they let me keep the goodies off the magnet, or in the kick out buckety sort of thing, but they (my cu) said the HAVE to throw them away, and they cant give them to a specific customer, becuz that would be favoring a certain customer over all of the others! :dontknow: but, im sure on occasion if i get a teller that come 2 change the bags that doesnt know the rules, or also finds them 2 b stupid like i do, they would prob. give me the goodies out of the kick out bucket/magnet...but who knows!

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Might have better luck getting the foreign coins on the magnet if you remind them that those coins were probably yours [even if they werent]

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
:laughing9: quik, that would be awesome!!! but, i think they know im a collector, and would probably save any foreign coins...also, when ever a bag fills up, im sure when they get in there to change it they see all of the coins on the magnet, but figure theyll get them later...then they would know im lying :laughing9: but good idea tho.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Was able to scoop 3 outa 4 today but the pickins were slim due to the fact it was the morning. I noticed nights and weekend afternoons yield better results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread