Upstate NY

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
This topic comes a lot. Here is one guy's take on your query. If you are taking time off from work and spending your hard earned $$$$ to find coinage, why should you worry where anyone else looks for coins. I often times go into a bank and the tellers say" we have some regular guys who hit us every week" I thank them and go on. If someone comes into my neck of the woods and finds silver, that's great. They earned it. I appreciate the kind consideration you are showing for your fellow CRHers but I don't think it is reciprocated all that much.Google lists over 900,000 banks within a 4-5 hour drive of you. Have fun, knock em dead,take lots of pics,and check back in on your return. There is no reason to feel guilty about stopping at any bank. HH and Cheers Jim

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
coolpix9 said:
This topic comes a lot. Here is one guy's take on your query. If you are taking time off from work and spending your hard earned $$$$ to find coinage, why should you worry where anyone else looks for coins. I often times go into a bank and the tellers say" we have some regular guys who hit us every week" I thank them and go on. If someone comes into my neck of the woods and finds silver, that's great. They earned it. I appreciate the kind consideration you are showing for your fellow CRHers but I don't think it is reciprocated all that much.Google lists over 900,000 banks within a 4-5 hour drive of you. Have fun, knock em dead,take lots of pics,and check back in on your return. There is no reason to feel guilty about stopping at any bank. HH and Cheers Jim

I will only have X amount of free time but will go by plenty of areas. I want to maximise my hunt.If i only have enough time to go to say 3 out of the 6 towns i will pass then it would make more sense for me to skip the towns i know are searched more and go to the towns that are searched less. Also if some one wants to take the time to tell me i may save him some trouble by not dumping at his favorite pickup banks .

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
ur not in my area, so anywhere u hunt is fine in my book...happy 4th, and good luck on ur trip, hope u find a thousand walkers!!!

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
Come on up :)
The weather is going to be in the 90's this week :)
The banks will be closed today but back open tomorrow.
Feel free to enjoy. Like the one guy said you are
putting in your time gas and effort so enjoy. :)
I hope you hit a banner find.
Good luck and enjoy!!
HH
GL
Dan

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Well went up and came back .Next time i will only stop in troy to dump . Must have seen at least 3 different banks with bags of 500 that after talking to the tellers i figured were dumps. Tellers up north were also more friendly. Only bank to say I had to be a member was a credit union.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread