Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Now that is a nice selection: Buffs, War, and V's. Bet those were fun bags to search.

Congrats!
apush :read2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As always great pics too ! I'd love to search that many nickels but I'd either go blind or coo coo. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

That war nick in the bottom row is in awesome shape. What is the year? Nice cull on the nickles.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

nice finds Mojo....always seems to be some keepers when searching nicks.....just wish i could get bags around here. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Diver_Down said:
That war nick in the bottom row is in awesome shape. What is the year? Nice cull on the nickles.

That 43P and the 57 right next to it seem to be Chrome plated. It would give it about the same grade as most of the rest.

Rich Hartford said:
Nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As always great pics too ! I'd love to search that many nickels but I'd either go blind or coo coo. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Oh I was done with them after the 3rd bag and had to grind out the last 2. Every $200 is equivalent, in terms of dumping, as a 2 boxes of Halves. So I have been topping off my half dumps with nickles for the last week and will slowly cycle through them.

apush said:
Now that is a nice selection: Buffs, War, and V's. Bet those were fun bags to search.

Congrats!
apush :read2:

Yea. The first bag I cracked open and poured out on the table to search, I was treated with a nice V sitting on the top of the pile. the 2nd one came close to the end of that 1st bag. But as I said towards that 4th bag I was getting tired and I still had to keep up with my Half orders. But finding 1 or 2 Wars and a Buff here and there kept me motivated.

mistergee said:
nice finds Mojo....always seems to be some keepers when searching nicks.....just wish i could get bags around here. :thumbsup:

Every bag had something in it. so my interest was peaked.

Mojo

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love bags off the counter. The uninformed toss away so many nice things for us scroungers to pick through. Congrats on the awsome score. Five bags is quite a odyssey to search.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice gain on the Nickels Mojo! :headbang: Should I get a bag of nickels to search since they seem to be doing so well? I'll let everyone else decide. :laughing9:
HH
Gilbert

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

enamel7 said:
Nice gain on the Nickels Mojo! :headbang: Should I get a bag of nickels to search since they seem to be doing so well? I'll let everyone else decide. :laughing9:
HH
Gilbert

I looked at 20,000 Nickles to pull a handfull of keepers. I still need to dump half of the rejects. My back hurts and my eyes itch. It took me about 6-7 hours to weed through them.

You tell me. Will I stop doing it? Probably not. I can't help myself. I will say this, there is an endless supply of Nickles out there.

Like anything else if you have the time and desire to do it, "Go For It" You never know what your gonna find.

Mojo

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

Makes me wish I could find bags ??? Thats alot of searching though. Hard work=Nice finds :thumbsup:

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

Nice finds Mojo. I do a lot of nickels too and I have noticed a clear GAIN in older nickels found over the course of the last 5 years (since I have kept detailed records). More pre-60s (a LOT more) in circulation now compared to previous years, and more Buffs. I'm holding steady at 1 V every 100,000 nickels and 1 war every 2000 nickels. One thing is for sure though...when I find a 1939D I will stop searching nickels and move to dimes to complete the Roosevelt set.

I did find a 1961 proof nickel yesterday...I've been getting more proofs as well turning up.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice, I see you got a few war nickles too. Looks like a good hunt!

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Wow Mojo good effort there! that is a lot of Nickels to go through that fast and would be a lot of work! and I am sorta envious of your V Nickel finds. have gone through right around 100,000 and Nada on the V's, so good work and HCRH!

Chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread