cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get to work a little early this AM and see a fellow worker. we always discuss the latest on Pawn stars and american pickers.

He tells me about his 30 something daughter who used to work at a bank. (he knows I look for coins but not as a CRHer) Yesterday his daughter visited her old bank to see some friends. One of her friends had gotten some $5 silver certificates and had been saving them for her. When there, the subject turned to customers coming in and asking for coins. All her teller friends were complaining that is is the worst it has ever been. :tongue3: (But I do not think they put 2 and 2 together and figuered out they were silver hunters.)

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure. I have noticed a lot of the cheerful tellers of the past seem bothered when you ask them for coin. Would be interesting to talk to one and see what the numbers are really like.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............................

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............
Please, not for my teller. Too much cooscoos already. :o
TELLER.jpg

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............................

Why does everyone think it is such a good idea to bribe a teller to do their JOB??

Which technically may or may not be even legal, though I doubt you will ever get arrested for it. (I believe I read somewhere that bribing someone at a bank for a favor or favorable treatment is illegal.)

I'll admit to having never given anything to any teller with the exception of free advice and possibly trading in some Ikes once because she wanted some for her kids or something or other (I forget), but even then it was purely even exchange not a gift.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
GMan00001 said:
thurmownator said:

Why does everyone think it is such a good idea to bribe a teller to do their JOB??

Which technically may or may not be even legal, though I doubt you will ever get arrested for it. (I believe I read somewhere that bribing someone at a bank for a favor or favorable treatment is illegal.)

I'll admit to having never given anything to any teller with the exception of free advice and possibly trading in some Ikes once because she wanted some for her kids or something or other (I forget), but even then it was purely even exchange not a gift.

GMan -

You'd be surprised to see what happens when you "prime the pump". :wink:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Have had many tellers tell me people are coming in everyday asking, one told me as many as 8 in one day come into her Bank- any halves she gets are usually gone in an hour or 2 she said.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
not many other crh'er are around my part of town...tho 4 some reason, my boxes r horrible compared to everyone elses, i dont know why??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread