Thinking of cashing in silver? Wait!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was listening to a financial expert on a radio show last night. A caller asked him what someone in their 40s with $3000 saved and no debt should invest in. The guy recommended keeping $1000 on hand as ready cash and investing the rest in what he called "junk silver" which is just what we all hunt!

With silver steadily climbing (in the $10.70 range at last check) there's a real temptation to head to the coin shop with our findings. But I've decided to wait for awhile. What will you do?

Upvote 0

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Keeping all mine! If I sell it would be only the 40%...Always wanted my own "treasure" since I was a little kid. Haven't been able to find one yet so I'm making my own. :D It's also more fun to roll search/MD than look at my 401K/403B. HH

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
I agree on holding the silver and gold for now. In the last 2 years the prices on both have doubled.I am not an expert on the subject though. If the prices were to start falling there will be time enough to get rid of it if you feel you must.
I will personally keep mine as the wife thinks the coins are pretty !!

Just my two centavos,

Mike in SC

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I sold my bullion at 10 and change... will rebuy in another month or two after the price drops, which should be soon. Oh sure, it'll continue to climb along with gold but hit the peaks and lows when you can!

OP
OP
I

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usual $100 in halves was nada today. $35 in nicks was better -

1939 (keeper!)
1948D