$500 Box of Already Searched Rolls w/pic :(

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Guys, today was a disheartening day. Good thing killerwines picture of his leaning tower of silver is up otherwise Id cry! I got a box from BoA today, that they ordered for me, and well, it was already searched. Every rolls was ripped open and retaped. I need some good finds on Monday to stay motivated coach! :) Good luck all.

Attachments

• P3240071.JPG
    P3240071.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks!!
Don't feel bad...I got $500 box of halves from the bank that they ordered for me....
I did not get one keeper!!!
I think someone at the Feds is searching and keeping all the good ones..
Oh well...Keep searching

Joe

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer! Better luck next batch, AFM.

Never heard of taping the rolls back together. Banks don't mind that?

OP
OP
A

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I dunno about the taping, but Im going to take em to a big Wells Fargo in Austin and see if theyll take it, the whole $500 box. I forgot to mention, I did find 1 1971 proof that had been circulated, in the $250 i checked.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Keep looking!...My worst luck seems to come just before my best. I've found those taped rolls in my orders also. Wouldn't think the bank ordering them would like it... Never did hear from my bank today...was supposed to get $1000 order in...seem to do better at smaller banks in the boonies. HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that. Twice over the past couple of year or so I have gotten $1000 worth and not had one keeper. The fact that I know I will find some keeps me going tho.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Oooof... Kinda like being on the receiving end of a sucker punch to the gut. Don't get discouraged. It's still out there.
Here's to better luck for us all!!
Cheers,
Bob

craig101

May 8, 2006
Joe88- I thought the same thing as well, that some bum at the fed was pulling all the silver out, but at the minneapolis fed, they exchange $80 million in cash and coin daily! i don't think anyone has that much time on his hands. LOL

i thought that because i went thru $1,000 and found 1 lousy 40%-er!. LOL

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I always put my halves back into the rolls that I get from the fed and tape the end that I opened. My bank wants them rolled and for me this is the easiest way rather that rerolling them in a new roll. The bank then sends them back to the fed. I always assumed that the fed ran them through a counter and rerolled them. Maybe someone there got lazy and just reboxed yours. I hope they weren't from me. I would be dissapointed to know that I let a 40%er slip by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread