My TD Bank Experience

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
Today I stopped into TD bank to use their coin machine. I had a total of 84 Ikes, $40 in dimes, and $20 in quarters. I separated each type of coin to see if they were each counted as they should be. (Example: dimes counted as pennies)

First were the Ike Dollars. I put all 84 of them into the machine to find out I only had $.26. I told the person at the desk, and she informed me that the machine does not take them and that I would have to take them to the teller to have them counted. The thing was... the coins were still in the machine, so she had to open the machine to get them. When she opened the machine I could see the half dollar bag full of walkers and bens, so I asked her if I could swap out the coins. She said NO.

Okay... so now I have the $40 in dimes and the $20 in quarters PLUS 3 other people in back of me so I decided to put the coins together. With my luck... the dime machine filled up which took an additional 15 min. or so. All-in-all I was not impressed by the customer service that they rave about on their commercials.

Upvote 0

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I hope you got dibs on the half bag, when its full! It would drive me nuts ( OK more nuts) to leave a bank, knowing that I left Bens and Walkers behind, without doing everything I possibly could to get them.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
were the dimes and quarters on point? maybe they won't sell a bag as they know you will go back if the count is wrong... i feel that is why a lot of banks will not sell a bag because they know it is off.

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machines they have are terrible, I don't dump there anymore and just get coin there only.

OP
OP
Iheartmoney

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
rileyboy said:
Go talk to the manager to see if you can get the halves. Keep us posted.
rileyboy

Well, when the lady who helped me retrieve my Ike dollars opened the machine I saw the silver half dollars and asked if I could swap some out or buy it when it's full. She said I would have to talk to her manager which I did and he said he couldn't do that because they would have to be shipped off somewhere else ??? :dontknow:

Any suggestions???????

BTW I'm only 13

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I don't know why it would HAVE to be shipped somewhere. It will probably be shipped to his office desk.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
snicker snicker...ya probably! good luck, and why would u put ikes in a coin counter...i dont think any coin counter nowa days accepts them???
good luck on getting that bag tho, and hh!

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Next time you have Ike's try to sell them to a coin shop. Some shops will pay a little extra for them. Then use the money you make to buy more coins. Fatten your bankroll to find more silver.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
mistergee said:
TD will not sell bags. matter of fact NO bank here in Pa. sells bags off the machines.

Actually some bank i stopped at on the way to stroudsburg from milford sold me a bag and another told me they will call when it fills up

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Actually some bank i stopped at on the way to stroudsburg from milford sold me a bag and another told me they will call when it fills up
in Pa.? while i have never been to any banks in that area, i have been to many others not far from there and was told the same thing i hear from all the banks i have ever visited in Pa. " we can't sell bags off the machines"

OP
OP
Iheartmoney

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
I think I know a way to get the JACKPOT... I get a load of some sort of coins (which bags fill up the quickest?) I'm thinking dollar coins (the presidential ones) will fill up at 100. Then I walk into TD bank on Saturday or Sunday so that I don't get the same person who helped me last time (on Friday). Then if they open the machine like last time... the half dollars would be right in the front so that I could ask if I could swap some coins out with the ones I have in my pocket. I HOPE THIS WORKS.

OP
OP
Iheartmoney

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
d2arcing said:
were the dimes and quarters on point? maybe they won't sell a bag as they know you will go back if the count is wrong... i feel that is why a lot of banks will not sell a bag because they know it is off.

The quarters were on point, but the dimes were off by $.10

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Take it from those b4 u. DO NOT use TD machines for dimes. You will eventually be beat and not just for a few. It happened to me at least 3 times that i knew of b4 i gave up. I wonder how many i did not know of. The sad part is i was warned but did not listen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread