Bag of Halves..

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was hoping someone could maybe help me understand on buying halves in the bags. I bought a sealed bag today at my Main Bank they was supposed to be boxes but got a $1000 bag. On the front of this bag it had To Federal Reserve. From - The name of such and such Bank but it was not the name of my Bank or none of the branches they own. The name of the bank on this bag is a good travel from here 4 hours+ I thought other banks coins would go back to brinks or somewhere then get shipped back out in boxes just trying to figure out how some things work. I am going to try to find boxes next time. Almost forgot the bag was a skunk there was over half of them marked. I am still learning as I go I guess :read2:.

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
sometimes halves will come in bags instead of boxes. these probably came off the machine at the other branch and sent out to be counted. then when your order came in they sent the bag to your bank to fill the order. sometimes this is a good thing as you may find someone's collection that was dumped. obviously this didn't happen in your case but that wouldn't discourage me from accepting bags again. next time...who knows :dontknow:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KYMiner, I get that a lot. These are bags off coin counters that tellers (for some reason everyone thinks coins go back to the fed) ship out. I have had bags all the way from two states next to me so these get sent back into the supply and recycled. I have had luck with one which produced about ~120 silvers but mainly they are other searchers dumps. I asked to cut these off because it was getting where I was getting bags from the CU down the street that the Brinks guy was too lazy to get me a fresh supply bag. They picked them up and dropped them off the same day. Guess when I order I need to specify to only send bags with AG in them! :)

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
what was the marking on the coins??? when i first started i used to mark, not many, just some, and then i realized how stupid it was, and stopped, and that may be one of my left over bags??? :laughing9:
keep it up and hh!

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank was Southern National. I have never seen so many diffrent marked halves. Some of the markings was the letter T next one was D these were in black sharpie. Next we had Round pink marks size of a pennie, blue spot on the backsides and black spot marks on the backside also on the wings. And there was a few with a bright faded out blue color spots on the ear. The ones that was hard to miss were the ones with a big black X marked on the front. It's kind of scary to think of what the next bag will look like :laughing7:.kyminer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread