The Streak is Over!

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Well, I knew it had to happen. The streak of 23 ended today. Took one of my usual loop routes that almost always produces good finds, but not today. Guess the banks haven't "re-loaded" yet. Between the traffic and unusually long lines at every bank (probably because it was the first bank day of the month), I never got to finish the route. Managed to stop at about 16 banks and only two banks had any customer wrapped rolls. A total of $110 worth. All "skunks". Even the loose halves in trays were few and far between and what I did get were all clad. I even asked for corporate shotgun rolls at most banks and they didn't have any either. Most said they'e be in later in the week. Soooo! As Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over till it's over"...I say, You're right Yogi, "It's over!" Hope everyone enjoyed the streak as much as I did. It was fun while it lasted. Will be back to just posting significant hits. Time now to take "Riley" to the dog park.
Happy Hunting everyone. It's out there, just not today.
rileyboy

PS; I notice that Timbobwey has a streak of 10 going. Keep at it, Tim.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Riley,
I don't pick up boxes, handrolled dimes,or do any regular banking on the first 3 days of the month. Check Day.
Now you have to start a new streak to see if you can beat the last one :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Riley,
your streak is incredible, the best I have seen on here yet. I was sure my streak would fall before I hit double digits, luckily it is still going. I highly doubt I will come close to reaching yours, as it would take me 13 more successfull hunts, it just seems impossible. I will be going out of town for a week, honeymoon in Florida. I am hoping when I return that the banks in my area will all be reloaded, and jacked full of silver. So it will be a while to see if I can keep it going, but I will be on the hunt as soon as I am home.
We can consider ourselves in the double digit silver streak club! Good job Riley, I'm sure there are plenty of great hunts to come.

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rich,
You sure are right about that. I saw tons of people in lines at each bank today. Guess I should have waited until Wednesday. Oh well...lesson learned. Also, Thanks, Timbobwey. I'm rooting for you to beat my streak. Hang in there and enjoy your honey moon. Congrats on your wedding
rileyboy

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Sorry that your streak had to end. Now you will just have to start another one to make me jealous with! Hope you can get another run like this one.

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rileyboy,
That is a heck of a streak! Wishing you well for beating it next time.
Steve

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The end of one is the start of a new one.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread