Goodbye D and S mints!!!

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Well, I haven't been around much lately and I sure haven't CRH since my little vacation to CA. I am finally getting away from the left coast and heading to the right one! ;D I hope things are different in PA (were I am heading). I haven't even found half of my expected goals for the year :dontknow: I guess at the very least I can blow the dust off my metal detector and finally hit some soft soil. Good luck to all, as I will be moving over the next month and will be around even less. My new goal between now and the end of the year will be to find at least one AM variety, which would have never happened here. HH, SE

I don't recall if I posted my vacation finds so here it is: 3 boxes of dimes=skunk, 1 box of nickels=skunk, 4 boxes of cents yielded 36 wheats, oldest 1917 and lots of copper (I didn't keep track of the percentage this time) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Good luck back east. Hope you can find the AM variety you are looking for. I'm sure you can find some good stuff out there with a detector, and you wont have to bring dynamite to dig your targets like out here! Good luck!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still find a quite a few D and S mint coins here on the "right" side.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy said:
So now your're going to be a Philadelphia Eagles fan! Ugh
rileyboy

Booo! :)

OP
OP
silvereagle78

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
KEverett said:
Good luck back east. Hope you can find the AM variety you are looking for. I'm sure you can find some good stuff out there with a detector, and you wont have to bring dynamite to dig your targets like out here! Good luck!

Thanks KEverett!
CHAINCHOMP said:
good luck on everything!
Thanks, CHAINCHOMP!
AGCoinHunter said:
I still find a quite a few D and S mint coins here on the "right" side.
DrDetector said:
What part of PA? I definitely don't find many D or S mint coins compared to Philly coins.

I am heading to Johnstown/Altoona Area (Which is definitely Steelers Country). I am sure a few S and D mints will pop up once in awhile but not like out here where 4/5 of all wheats have a S or D. I saved up about $150 in copper (pre 82) that I will take with me to search for errors and RPM's. The interesting thing will be CRHing back there, there are no machines and alot of small name banks, which means I will be opening quite a few accounts. Also everyday is a road trip there in the rural part, nearest bank where I am staying is 8 miles away after that there are 3-4 more 15-20 miles away. Definitely not around the corner like here in Vegas. HH, SE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread