Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Love the old gold. Post some pics if you get a chance. A nice indian $5 gold is on my want list and I will probably use my AG to get it here one day.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I agree, why have a big pile of 40'ers, when you can trade them for something that will retain or increase in value.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
legend76 said:
A good reason to keep 40%ers? You can trade in small quantities. I'm thinking about selling my gold and buying junk silver.......

http://goldsilver.com/news/newsID/8...BzvIZdVi/6HIcAgAABAAAAGV6fgAgHAAAdQAAAHzCEAA=

I didn't buy JUST gold, I purchased a very collectible coin which happens to made from gold.

I understand that. I have some 1886-S half eagles myself and some MS-61 & 62 eagles and double eagles, but don't like the fact of doing a 1099 if I ever trade or sell. Did you read the article I posted?

HH,
Legend.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice job! how many 40%ers did u have???
keep it up and hh!

I turned in eight rolls.

In response to the 1099, I did read the article, however with that said I am creating a retirement for me and the missus so I am looking at the increase in value as justification for a 1099. With that said, I am also keeping all receipts to show proof of what I paid. That will decrease the net taxable amount substantially.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread