Coin Folders

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
for CRH finds, usually I use the whitman or harris folders. For displaying the nice coins I love the Dansco albums. Dansco albums are quite a bit more expensive than the whitman or harris folders, but look much more professional. Just my two cents. Both can be found at the coin store in Fresno.

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
I have a Dansco Lincoln cent and Jefferson nickel album for my CRH finds. They look very professional and seem to hold up nicely (so far). I love them!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dansco for my type set. Whitman's for everything else.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Dansco used to be the favorite for collectible coinage, but the new standard is InterceptShield albums. They contain chemicals in the binders pages that will not react with the coins, but will interact with environmental pollutants that render the pollutants harmless. Of course, the best way is to use Saf-T-Flips composed of mylar and polyester and store the flips in pages that can be used in any 3-ring binder.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Dansco albums all the way for me. I use to use whitman albums, but I started to notice that my pennies were becoming discolored from the sulfur in the album. Dansco albums don't effect coins, so I'm happy with it. Also, like FG said, they look very professional, and they can be stored like books on a book shelf.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I'm with everyone else. Dansco Albums are the way to go. Very professional looking for your whole collection.
rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I forgot to mention that Dansco makes an album (no# 7000) that is only $17.00 in most shops or on E-bay. This album is entitled "Coins" and contains nine pages of clear plastic pages that hold twelve
2 X 2's. You can put any type coin in this album and is great for a variety of High Grade coins.
Hope this helps everyone
rileyboy

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Recovering Relics said:
I use Whittmans Coin Folders.
Be careful, I was told to use the Whitmans as a temporary folder, especially with copper and silver. The acids in the paper will discolor coins. I just bought an old Whitman silver Roosevelt dime folder full of dimes, got it cheaper 'cause the coins were WAY ruined, mostly the backs of the coins. ffd

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
This is my favorite brand, it is certified by the U.S. mint but H.G. Harris makes it.

Attachments

• 416W5W6R4ML__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    416W5W6R4ML__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 331

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plastic shoebox!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i am almost done collecting the whole set of whitmans albums for all coins, and now i find out those ruin coins, so now i have to go out and spend like $20 each for dansco albums????? dang...that sucks!
keep it up and hh!

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
CHAINCHOMP said:
i am almost done collecting the whole set of whitmans albums for all coins, and now i find out those ruin coins, so now i have to go out and spend like $20 each for dansco albums????? dang...that sucks!
keep it up and hh!

It is better than getting your coins discolored. Trust me, it happend to my pennies.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use folders, they seem to dull the coins, I keep them in tubes

HH
-GC

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
Recently purchased roosevelt and mercury dimes in whitmans.Wondered if the folders were responsible for staining coins.This post has confirmed my suspicions.Got them at face!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
buckanear said:
Recently purchased roosevelt and mercury dimes in whitmans.Wondered if the folders were responsible for staining coins.This post has confirmed my suspicions.Got them at face!
wow! gr8 deal u got! mercs for face, and we all search kajillions of dimes to get our few mercs, and ur off buing tem at foace w/o the hassle??? nice score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions