This weeks 4boxes and 2 bags.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
4 boxes produced 12x 40% 1 ben, 3 x 64
1 bag = 1 x 40%
2nd bag= 95x 40%, 7x 64, 3 ben, 1 walker, 1 silver proof, 3 clad proofs, 9$ in random other change, and a 10$ peso woot. Really cool looking coin. Silver mid section with gold colored outter 2002 date so obviously no au or ag just the color.

The story of the day though was i knew i had a coin machine bag when i saw lots of trash inside of it. As i was sneaking a peek i saw about an inch of a 20$ BILL sticking out of the pile of coins and i thought wooohoooo this is a first. I quickly snapped up the 20$ only to find that it was a half of a 20$ bill. Oh well, hard to complain with that after the results the rest of the bag ended up at. Goodluck out there.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you cash in that $20 as damaged? Or at least get a ten spot out of it? Anyways, that second bag ROCKED! ffd

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
fistfulladirt said:
Can you cash in that $20 as damaged? Or at least get a ten spot out of it? Anyways, that second bag ROCKED! ffd

Haha, unfortunately no. You need 75% or more of a damaged bill in past experience to have any luck.

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi Ho Silver! said:
That one bag saved you. :thumbsup:

Compared to a lot of weeks and some months any of those bags and boxes would have been more than acceptable haha. My record this year for poor luck was 55 boxes and 11 bags for 10 keepers. I would have been thrilled that month with 1 keeper per bag or box. But I did act like my 3 year old daughter when she opens a box of chocolate when i opened the good bag. :icon_thumright:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
That one bag saved you. :thumbsup:

Compared to a lot of weeks and some months any of those bags and boxes would have been more than acceptable haha. My record this year for poor luck was 55 boxes and 11 bags for 10 keepers. I would have been thrilled that month with 1 keeper per bag or box. But I did act like my 3 year old daughter when she opens a box of chocolate when i opened the good bag. :icon_thumright:

Dude, you dont even know. When I see a few silvers on top and lots of trash, I go get a 6 pack, cause I know I am not getting up until that bag is done. Im like a kid in a candy store... My wife just rolls her eyes. :)

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Great bag.

I believe you need both serial numbers on the bill not sure but I believe thats the rule. It would seem that if even 1 digit was still there on the second serial number you should be able to return it as the othe half woulden't even have 1 full serial number wich would void it.

Mojo

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
JD,
Man, you are really on a roll lately. Keep at it while it's there.
All the best in the coming weeks.
rileyboy

gondiggn

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2010
I am pretty sure all you need is 51% of the bill. The fed reserve has a special dept that handles this. They use a special gauge that they lay over your bill and count the tiny squares, 51% is all it takes cause the other half is now 49% and is worthless. Banks will usually go by 75% or more. I watched a documentary where it showed money being graphed for the 51% rule that was destroyed by being buried, even if there was only parts of the left side and right side, as long as it made up 51% they would credit you for value. Nice finds by the way! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread