• Zi6_2980.jpg
    Zi6_2980.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 575
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good score !! I haven't been on a road trip in nearly a year, so it's been a long time since I've run across one of those type of rolls,I certainly remember the thrill though.
HH
Rich

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
That's a very, very cruel thing to do. I like it!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:

I like to encourage others who have found this hobby, but just not in my neighborhood. Also, if you get rolls with a person's account number/name/phone number, don't be afraid to contact the person and sell his paper rolls back. I've done this when I picked up about $200 in this guy's dumps. It was the banks policy to record his name/phone/account number on the rolls. The only problem is that they didn't black out the information when they sold it to me. I ended up selling the paper rolls back to him to protect his privacy while getting some of the silver for my stash.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:

I like to encourage others who have found this hobby, but just not in my neighborhood. Also, if you get rolls with a person's account number/name/phone number, don't be afraid to contact the person and sell his paper rolls back. I've done this when I picked up about $200 in this guy's dumps. It was the banks policy to record his name/phone/account number on the rolls. The only problem is that they didn't black out the information when they sold it to me. I ended up selling the paper rolls back to him to protect his privacy while getting some of the silver for my stash.

Hows that work, that sounds like extortion??

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think a better idea would be to destroy 'm. If I had turned in rolls to my bank, with my personal info on them, and they made it back into the publik's hands, I would be p'd off.
If a customer goes back to the bank b'ng about that, could mean the end of your crh'ing there.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
AGCoinHunter said:
Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:

Hows that work, that sounds like extortion??

No. He was paying for his privacy. He was more than happy to hand over some silver for them in return. When I contacted him to let him know that his personal information was out there, I originally offered to destroy them but thought he should know. He wanted them back to confront the bank. I asked if there was a reward. I didn't set a price. The bank was out of my way (20 miles away) and I had only been there once on a road trip to dump. I didn't care about burning any dump bank privileges. He voluntarily offered up the silver for his wrappers.

Anyway, not to hijack Phrostie's thread. He scored silver from some crusty wrappers. :headbang:

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Killer score love to find old rolls like that happy hunting .RON

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i keep the old ones too. got some last month that were 20.00 half rolls. kind of looked like a mini mag light. first time i have found any 20 dollar rolls of halves around here.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find phrostie!! I haven't found any rolls marked older than 71 yet. I once found a bunch of rolls from a collection that were marked 71-86. All the rolls were solid for each year, too bad they weren't 70 and earlier though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread