In Which Noobie Strikes Silver First Time!

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Greetings All-

Been saving errant silvers I find with the Excalibur metal detector and have been saving pre-'82 coppers for several years. Have a nice box of the silvers and about a gallon of copper pennies. A friend sent me a link over here. I had mentioned that I thought people had already got most all the silver from modern US circulating coins. Boy was I wrong....

I read the posts on page one this morning and was VERY impressed. During my lunch hour (I work in downtown San Francisco), I went to three banks and managed to collect $28 in halves. The first was Wells Fargo, where I scored three 40% Kennedys out of $8 and another 40% half at Bank of the West. Just took a wad of cash out of the ATM and will hit several more on the way home.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!

Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
oops, sorry for the double post

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Welcome to club ianSF. Watch out, itll get ya. Its an all weather hobby too, not like dirt fishing. :)

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think finding silver in circulation was a lost art too, Ian. It's really amazing what's out there once you delve into it and stick to it. And it's one of the last pure profit activities that anyone on any budget can do. Fun too! Welcome to the club!

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok...call me ignorant, a newbie, whatever you will... but I've read a few threads here and I'm not sure I'm completely catching onto what is happening here. Are you fellas going to banks for half dollars? What are you looking for exactly?

Again, very sorry for the lack of knowledge here. I'm new to the hobby of MD'ing and so I'm trying to learn more about the coins I may find. As a young teenager I used to have a small collection of coins, but never an extensive knowledge of the rarity or value of what I had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread