Noobs Second Day - skunked on $80 in halves

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Noob's Second Day - skunked on $80 in halves

Not a single keeper found on the way home from work yesterday or today at lunch after spending $80 on halves. I'm jonseing big time and I need a silver coin fix!

When getting halves at the Wells Fargo today, I talked to a teller on getting some $500 boxes. They said no problem and gave me a number to call at the vault if I wanted to order some or check what they had in stock. (I think one of the reasons they were so nice is that I mentioned I used to work in their portfolio management division and I was wearing a WFB polo shirt with the logo.)

Best part of the conversation was when I asked about the coin return policy. No problem there either. They have a machine in the lobby next to the stagecoach that takes coins and issues a receipt. One can cash or deposit the receipt (or buy another $500 box) No fees for account holders. They'll be seeing more of me soon.

Upvote 0

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Re: Noob's Second Day - skunked on $80 in halves

Ah yes...WFB...The company I work for was owned by Norwest before the merger so I'm a Wells employee now. Good place to work. I recently bought approximately $900 in halves from a small WF branch and had some very nice results...Posted pics awhile back. Bought 2 boxes of halves from my credit union yesterday. Have only been through $500 but I got 6 40% and 1 90%. The teller I bought them from had a silver quarter in her tray and I bought it from her also! HH

p.s. The silver jones is the worst! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread