First Half bag off of counting machine

Modern Day Miner

May 10, 2010
Denver
So I was picking up my normal Wed. boxes at the bank. I had a little extra cash on me so I tried to get a little extra coin. The tellar I was talking to said we don't have any extra we just have your order but we did just fill our half dollar bag would you like that? I said sure but I didn't bring that much extra can I pick it up tomorrow. She said sure. I was thinking this is just somebody elses dumps. I went back the next day and picked up the bag. 71 silver halves later I am glad I went back.

67 - 40%
4 - 90%
1 - Lucky lindbergh Coin 1927 flight from new york to paris
3 - 10 peso mexican coins
4 - car wash tokens
1 - mall of america flatened penny shaped like a foot ball

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on to something there. Check back frequently for their bags.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score. I did my first bag of halves the other day, only had 4 keepers. I still think bags are the way to go though, at least fir dimes and halves.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey!...don't laugh, but that 1927 Lindburgh "Token" is worth some money. Take it to a Dealer. Hopefully it's in good shape. I have one.
rileyboy

OP
OP
M

Modern Day Miner

May 10, 2010
Denver
AGCoinHunter said:
Your on to something there. Check back frequently for their bags.
rileyboy said:
Hey!...don't laugh, but that 1927 Lindburgh "Token" is worth some money. Take it to a Dealer. Hopefully it's in good shape. I have one.

rileyboyI looked up the token online and found prices anywhere from $3 to $50 the one I found looks like it could have been minted in the past decade. It looks really good for a token from 1927
I will definately be asking them for there half bag when I go in to pick up my weekly order. I never imagined it would hold that much silver. When I was walking out to the car with it I coud see silver halves all up & down the side. Thats when your heart starts to race.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had great luck buying bags from the counting machines, in fact it is the only way I get coins to search. I do not order coins. My YTD totals are listed below.

Sometimes you'll get someones dumps but generally you are getting first shot at everything that gets dumped. I have good success with dimes and cents.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a great bag score of halves! It took my credit union a year to fill 3/4 of a $500 bag. They told me I could buy it when it was full. I couldn't stand it any longer and topped it off with my dump. Got a few silvers.
I don't bother buying the bags of dimes or halves now, because they're all my dumps. As a matter of fact, of all the banks in my town (many), only 2 that I know of have coin counters.

ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread