Streak still holding on, more left to search tonight too. (update)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I drove around to a bunch of banks in hopes of keeping my streak alive. I went to 3 or 4 banks, then dumped, and again and again, and did this for about 2 hours. The day started good, as I found a 67 half in my 3rd roll. Then another in my 5th roll. From then on it was nothing but skunks.
On the way home I stopped and managed to find a bank with $90 in halves, and then the next bank had $20. I have those $110 left to search tonight. And then I got good news from the next bank. I had bought the bags of halves and dollars a few days ago from them. I stopped there right before I went home today. They said they just got a bag of dimes. I said I'll take them off your hands.
It will take a while to go through the dimes, but I'm sure there will be some silver in there. Streak is to 12 now, and it was nice to find silver early in the day. I wish the rest of the day would have kept producing, we'll see what the rest brings. Happy hunting all!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Re: Streak still holding on, more left to search tonight too.

Way to go, Timbobwey, THE STREAK LIVES ON! I'm sure you will score more when you go threw the rest tonight. GO LUCK! "Riley" is waggin his tail for you. Keep us udated!
rileyboy

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you,
it was such a relief to get one early in the day, it would have been nice to score huge though. I really hope the dimes produce, I've had some luck with bags of dimes before, and it's from the same bank. I'm hoping someone dumped an old jar of change and it was full of mercs and rosies. I'll be happy to get more silver either way, it would be really good to find a couple more in the halves. I will let you know how it goes

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Tim,
Keep at it. I had days in my streak where I only got one 40%er for the whole day. One time, I thought the streak was over, but at the last bank at about 4:55 pm I got a 1965 at the drive up window. So...you never know.
Keep up the streak!
rileyboy

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will do my best. I have a good tactic now. Just keep driving till I come up with a little silver. Today I got silver early, and I just decided it could be a great day, so I drove around a while longer. I hope this bag produces the honey hole, I haven't got a good dime score in a while. My next road trip will probably be next Tuesday or Wednesday. But I still have a lot of coin to sort from today, I'll let you know how it goes.
Next week I might even order a few boxes just because I haven't in a while.

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Nice work Tim! and long live the streak! HH!

Chuck.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

hope u get lots of silver in ur halves, and dimes! keep it up and hh!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep up the streak! I hope you hit good on those dimes :thumbsup:

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guys,
I got almost the whole bag done today. About 30 or 40 dollars left to search.
Totals for the bag thus far

Canadian-
1867-1967 whale dime

U.S-
Mercs-
1944D
Rosies
1954D
1956D
1964- 4

And I got a 1971 1/2 New penny, not even sure what country it's from. Not a bad bag, 13 silvers, and the foreign Coin. It was worth the hunt.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My road trips aren't very long drives. I can got to about 20 banks in 2 hours around my area. I might spend 5 to 10 bucks in gas. Usually around 5 though. If I go another route to hit some small towns I will spend 10-15 for gas, but sometimes those small towns are worth it. This trip turned out pretty good. I'm loving the bags of dimes, I average 12 silvers per bag right now. Much better than my boxes of dimes, I might get 1 sometimes 2 per box.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a full bag of dimes at most banks they are $1000. Sometimes banks will do $500 bags. I've even had my bank call to see if I wanted to buy partial bags before. They will even sell me partial bags of halves, the last bag of halves I got was partial. You just have to talk to your bank, and see what they are willing to do. Some banks won't even sell bags to customers, I don't know why. I guess it all depends on who is the manager.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread