Got 150 in dimes and 10 in pennies. And now this made me really mad!

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
Ok so i go back to the bank that i have an account at. (where i have found majority of my silver dimes/halves and my barber). and well about almost a week ago there were 4 clad halves and 2 silvers in her tray. And when i asked for them she grabbed the 2 silver and put them away and handed me the worthless clad. Now this wee there still there so i say "can i have those halves this time there were only the 2 and they were the same silver as last week. She says "Oh im saving those". Are you kidding me! Now because im 14 and still pretty shy i didnt say anything. But if there still there this friday when my dad takes me again I might go out of my comfort zone.

And to top it all off everything was a SKUNK! Starting to get back into another slump!

thanks for reading. good luck with your own hunts.

Upvote 0

endthefed13

Apr 9, 2010
That blows dude. I'm 20 but have been CRH'in since I was 9.
What kind of bank? If it is B of A, JPM Chase, Citibank, Wells, 1st National, then
you demand to speak with her boss or the manager. You explain that it is her purpose
to be serving you as a client (assuming you have an account there) and that her job is not to be
looking for silver. You also might explain (in a calm and collected manner) that they are only permitted to
purchase coins for themselves at the end of a business day when the tellers are counting up their safeboxes.
Until the end of the day they are coins that are intended priority wise for people with accounts. The reason I say this for big corporate chain banks is that there are millions of branches you can go to if one particular bank is not giving you what you need. Just be confident and Alpha. Not aggressive or hostile. But rather set the frame and make sure they know that you know what you have a right to.

Keep Roll Huntin

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, I think this is a good lesson for a 14 year old getting into CRHing. Yes, it is VERY frustrating to see silver just sitting there and you can't get it. I assure you that if you keep at this addicting, frustrating, sometimes rewarding hobby, you will see this again...and again...and again. Just chalk it up to experience and move on. Yes, you might get the teller's boss involved and score the coins, but you make an enemy at the bank. You "burn a bridge" so to speak. That teller might then begin to routinely search ALL the tellers' trays, costing you coins in the long run. This teller might someday become the head teller, the vault teller, or even the branch manager. You might need her someday in some way to help you in your CRHing activities. Yes, there are always other banks, but if you burn enough bridges, you'll someday suddenly realize you're all out of bridges! ;D I say just let it go.

I went into a bank today asking for halves. The teller was very friendly and had 10-12 halves, but quickly informed me quickly that they pull all the silver they find. I would do the same thing, as I'm sure you would too. I do think however that they should remove any coin they intend to keep from the tray - if the tray is visible - just to avoid confrontations such as this.

It happened to me the very first time I went to a bank CRHing. I saw 6 or 7 silver halves in the tray. I asked for them, and the teller (she was the head teller) politely informed me that they were hers. She was very nice and even showed me a few silver dollars, halves, quarters, etc she had found. Since I knew I would score no silver here, it became my first dump bank. This was several months ago...and those coins are still right there in her tray. ;D

L

LandStar

They do this on purpose to discourage CRHing...If you see em and can't get em, they hope you will not ask next time...

HH,

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
If you think of it as them owing you what you want you will get very frustrated. Anytime that has happened to me i ask "oh you collect coins too?" This usually strikes up a good conversation. Several times ive even made trades or bought silver from tellers who have saved it, at good deals.

Remember, the tellers are the people who are going to hand you every single chance you have. You will meet tellers who have silver who will tell you "oh im saving those silver ones for another customer." The idea here is for you to find a way to become "that customer." What did the other guy do to get the teller to hold coins just for him/her? Find the answer to that question instead of getting upset. I guarantee it works.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
thats very rude of the teller! on a different note, i smell something burning, oh wait no thats just the smell of a new dump bank being born! :laughing9: good luck, keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread