Amber alert! Rich Hartford

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
mts - well said and I agree 100%. Now lets all get out there and find that all elusive silver before the umpteen millions of others that are now hunting find it all. HH all.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just find it amazing that a simple post has turned into people throwing theories out there like they are fact. I personally believe Rich would say he was leaving if it was for a negative reason. I know he always had my back. :icon_thumright:
HH
enamel7

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I'm not upset that Obe is gone. That guy was bringing the whole forum down with his rhetoric. I don't mind someone voicing their opinion, but let's keep it civil and not invade every stinking thread out here. It's also unreasonable to call others stupid just because they don't agree with you. I've stayed far away from the CRH forum recently as a direct result of Obe's rants.

so let me get this straight....you said it is unreasonable to call someone stupid just because they don't agree with you , but saying that the guy was bringing down the whole forum with his rhetoric just because he didn't agree with you is okay?
and because of one guy you were going to leave? did you ever hear of the ignore button?

Now Rich is a different matter. I had always liked him and he gave good advice. HOWEVER, aligning himself with Obe was a bad idea and I got to the point where I ignored everything that Rich was saying. He basically just started trumpeting whatever Obe was ranting about at the time. And now he appears to be gone.

If that doesn't tell you what the political hatred in this country is doing to people then I don't know what will. Rich let his emotions get the better of him. If he wants to live his life in fear and backing someone like Obe then that's his business. But my respect for him has dwindled over the past few months because of it. And that's too bad. He's a good guy. With Obe gone he may have been able to go back to the way he used to be: helpful, genuinely nice, and full of laughs. Now he's off to other things. I only hope he can learn to put all of that hatred and fear behind him.

the man is gone for a few weeks and all of a sudden we are hacking him up. and since when did you become an expert on Rich? noone knows what Rich is doing but Rich. as far as him agreeing with Obediah,...so what? i agree with some things that Obie said but that doesn't make me a staunch follower. whenever he would go too far on one of his rants i would just move on and make no comment. when noone acknowledged him he would get back on track.
in my opinion (which is worthless to anyone but me) you and Rich had some sort of dissagreement and your opinion changed.
sounds like sour grapes to me.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
I'm not upset that Obe is gone. That guy was bringing the whole forum down with his rhetoric. I don't mind someone voicing their opinion, but let's keep it civil and not invade every stinking thread out here. It's also unreasonable to call others stupid just because they don't agree with you. I've stayed far away from the CRH forum recently as a direct result of Obe's rants. [/quote
so let me get this straight....you said it is unreasonable to call someone stupid just because they don't agree with you , but saying that the guy was bringing down the whole forum with his rhetoric just because he didn't agree with you is okay?
and because of one guy you were going to leave? did you ever hear of the ignore button?

Now Rich is a different matter. I had always liked him and he gave good advice. HOWEVER, aligning himself with Obe was a bad idea and I got to the point where I ignored everything that Rich was saying. He basically just started trumpeting whatever Obe was ranting about at the time. And now he appears to be gone.

If that doesn't tell you what the political hatred in this country is doing to people then I don't know what will. Rich let his emotions get the better of him. If he wants to live his life in fear and backing someone like Obe then that's his business. But my respect for him has dwindled over the past few months because of it. And that's too bad. He's a good guy. With Obe gone he may have been able to go back to the way he used to be: helpful, genuinely nice, and full of laughs. Now he's off to other things. I only hope he can learn to put all of that hatred and fear behind him.
the man is gone for a few weeks and all of a sudden we are hacking him up. and since when did you become an expert on Rich? noone knows what Rich is doing but Rich. as far as him agreeing with Obediah,...so what? i agree with some things that Obie said but that doesn't make me a staunch follower. whenever he would go too far on one of his rants i would just move on and make no comment. when noone acknowledged him he would get back on track.
in my opinion (which is worthless to anyone but me) you and Rich had some sort of dissagreement and your opinion changed.

I second that mistergee. You leave for a few weeks and the knives start coming out.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
I'm not upset that Obe is gone. That guy was bringing the whole forum down with his rhetoric. I don't mind someone voicing their opinion, but let's keep it civil and not invade every stinking thread out here. It's also unreasonable to call others stupid just because they don't agree with you. I've stayed far away from the CRH forum recently as a direct result of Obe's rants.

I don't want to start a pissing match. Obe and Rich were obviously people that you looked up to. I didn't look up to Obe. But I DID look up to Rich. Unfortunately, Rich changed significantly over the past few months (as many people in my life have). We didn't have any sort of disagreement. I just noticed that he was constantly backing up Obe to the point of insulting others if they didn't agree with his beliefs.

As for using the ignore button that only works if ONE person is misbehaving. I had Obe on ignore. But his rants would incite all kinds of other rhetoric from many other people on the forum (including Rich). You can't ignore that unless you basically leave (which I did). So yes, I tried using the ignore button. But no, I didn't leave because of one person. I left because every stinking thread turned into Obe's soap box and every other person was either railing against him or backing him up. It just gets tiresome after a while.

I'm not trying to hack up Rich. I really hope I am wrong and he shows up again. But if he continues to act the way he did shortly before leaving then I won't have much need to read his posts. If he goes back to being the insightful, cheery, helpful guy that we've all grown to love then that would be great.

I'm no saint. I'm just as opinionated as the next guy. The biggest difference is that I'm not afraid to apologize or admit that I've made a mistake. If I've offended Rich or anyone else out here, then I am deeply sorry.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I like all the characters that appear on this forum! What a boring place the world would be if everyone thought alike.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is possible that Rich just got sick of all the censorship or perhaps BIG BROTHER got him. Who knows but him and Obe were far from a nuissance on this forum IMHO. Take care.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread