Cent search let me fill some holes

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Several months ago a teller at one of my regular banks told me she had brought in a bunch of her fathers rolled cents that he had had since the 80's and asked if I wanted them. She told me first that she had pulled all the "different ones with leaves on the back" but there were alot of 60's and 70's. I went ahead and got the 26 rolls thinking I'd at least get the copper and check for the major varieties.

Well I finally finished going through them (haven't been able to do much hunting due to taking care of the 3 month old-only gotten to do 4 half boxes since May).

The results were 16 rolls of solid copper and the rest contained a mix of mostly copper and some zincolns. I also pulled 46 wheaties (guess she didn't get them all!) that were mostly 40's-50's.

The wheat highlight did get me a better date 1933-D (mintage of 6.2 million), a 1943-S steel cent, and a couple of other hole fillers and replacements.

Upvote 0

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's fantastic! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions