Dates Stamped in Boxes

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anybody has ever had sealed boxes of dimes,nickels, & pennies that was not stamped with the date on the inside; rather the box was stamped with a circle and an X in the middle. Most of the boxes that I recieved in the past have had the date stamped on the inside of the top. But, here lately, I have been getting some that are stamped with a circle and an X in the middle. And they have been skunk boxes. :help:

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy neighbor,

I haven't seen that. When I hunted heavily, I got mostly Brinks boxes, which were stamped with the date on the outside. I occasionally got Loomis boxes that had the holes in them so that you could make sure all the rolls were there. I can't remember if they had dates or not.

Good luck,
Kantuck

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are Dunbar boxes.. :icon_scratch:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I very rarely get a box from any supplier that has a date stamped on it. The only ones I remember were a total skunk.

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
Where I get my coins, I don't have access to dunbar. It's all brinks and an occasional loomis thrown in for kicks. I'll check those too. Thats interesting the ones with the circles with an x in them are skunks......coincidence??? Keep us posted on if this trend continues. Good post very interesting.

-bigJ

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
when I first started boxes were dated, then I would see i think a circle with inspected by xxx, now i see no marking boxes, which makes me to think they are fresh coins.

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been skunked on boxes before..But not a pennie box.. Not pulling a wheat out of boxes :dontknow:.The oldest Pennie's was late 70's and there was very few of them. I'll be getting more boxes here soon. Also I noticed on here some rolls are clear wrappers would these be brinks.
HH..Miner

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i always get loomis ones, w/ holes in the top, and sometimes it will have a date, sometimes it will have inspected by, sometimes ot will have a random 4 digit #, or sometimes nothing :dontknow: donno why.
keep it up and hh!

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
my boxes are numbered now I think... I got box 11-14 this week wtf, that means they delivering a lot i guess. but i took a peak in the other week into the back of the truck and i didn't see tons of boxes...

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a box of pennies yesterday this time round ink stamped - Dunbar Cash Vault July 15, 2010. Teller #.
In this box I hit 15 wheats. 1925 being the oldest. The boxes that have a round X stamp I have hit nothing same thing on dimes and nickels. :icon_scratch:.
I am going to try to find Brinks. I hope. :thumbsup:

HH..Miner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread