My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because its my dump bank

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

Man, my dump bank killed me today.. went in get the merchant teller was counting RED SEAL NOTES. Various denominations including a $100 that looked new. $10, $5, & $2's. Must've been $300 in Red seal notes. I asked if I could buy some off of her.. she said they're not for sale.. Damn it.. oh well.. they are my dump bank. They all know about silver and of course bills that look different.

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: My Dump Bank teller kills me.. because it's my dump bank

That would have been a great Haul!!!! to bad that the economy is so bad and they have to Hire more educated people!!!

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Well, the problem is that I've dumped there so often that they had asked me why? I did tell them that I was looking for silver. One of the tellers was real cool in that he offered to give me 2 silver dimes once. I took the dimes and told him about my searches. A trade I suppose. Now the whole branch seems to know about it. So they are my dump bank and they're cool with me dumping there. Some banks are not cool with dumping but they are. A trade off I suppose.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

two years ago when i first started lurking/posting here it was not cool to tell a teller that you were looking for silver or even mention the s word. but now, everyone is onto it. seems to be anyway. just about every bank i go into now and ask for halves the teller makes some comment like----we have some but they have all been checked for silver, or you are not going to find any silver here...etc. guess the gig is up. there have always been silver hunting tellers but there seems to be more of them now.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tellers up here can get bounced around from branch to branch. I'm sure they tell any unknowledgable tellers what to keep an eye out for.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silvercop said:
two years ago when i first started lurking/posting here it was not cool to tell a teller that you were looking for silver or even mention the s word. but now, everyone is onto it. seems to be anyway. just about every bank i go into now and ask for halves the teller makes some comment like----we have some but they have all been checked for silver, or you are not going to find any silver here...etc. guess the gig is up. there have always been silver hunting tellers but there seems to be more of them now.

Exactly SC, never ever say silver. We get the same thing here with the bounceing tellers. I see some in other branches 30-45 miles away.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Ever had a tug o war over a Franklin half?

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

fistfulladirt said:

??? I've never argued with tellers over a coin or bill. Although I wished that I could've at least gotten one of the real seals since there were so many of them. I guess if it was a bank that I didn't frequent or like, I would ask to talk to the manager and ask for part of it. Generally, I have a bunch of Franklins myself from CRH over the years, I don't need to argue or fight to get one. Although if it was a big batch, I could try to get a couple I suppose. My thing is that I understand tellers get collectible coins or currency often since they see lots of money everyday however they need to do that in the back room and not flaunt it in front of people.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

SFBayArea said:
fistfulladirt said:

??? I've never argued with tellers over a coin or bill. Although I wished that I could've at least gotten one of the real seals since there were so many of them. I guess if it was a bank that I didn't frequent or like, I would ask to talk to the manager and ask for part of it. Generally, I have a bunch of Franklins myself from CRH over the years, I don't need to argue or fight to get one. Although if it was a big batch, I could try to get a couple I suppose. My thing is that I understand tellers get collectible coins or currency often since they see lots of money everyday however they need to do that in the back room and not flaunt it in front of people.
I agree. Now, is there anything wrong with offering a teller a premium tho, for a coin or currency that's not their's to begin with?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread