Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week [w/ penny; dime box updates]

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
First off, as usual, I got me two boxes of dimes. After unwrapping the last roll of box 1, I fully succumbed to the pain of a skunk. The next day I got another dime box, and to my utter dissapointment, it too produced nothing. My new average must be barely above 1 dime a box. I'm starting to wonder whether I'll ever find a merc or start raising the avg. to a measly 3 per box. My luck is bound to change I guess...

Anyhow, I got my first nickel and penny boxes to change things up. I kept most pre-60's nicks (for now) the oldest was a '38. I also got a '43p wartime -my only bit of the old argent :-\. The penny box was pretty interesting. There were 14 wheats and some Lincoln commems. I saved the coppers, and there was a good bit, I'd say at least 25% on a guess... Some of the old coppers were in pretty good shape too. Has anybody here made penny albums of the minty copper memorials or tried one for the wheaties? Might have to get some holders for myself.

I may try one last dime box and will probably update if I get anything. Guess I'll show a pic of the beat up '48 roo I found last week.

Thx for looking and HH!

Post Script:
I was at a gas station to get air for a tire, and had to use quarters. So I went inside, gave one cashier 2 halves and asked for four quarters... Well, like so many of you have been talking about, she wasn't too educated about America's 50c piece and gave me 8 quarters. I was in a rush, and didn't correct her. A 75c charge at the air pump is steep anyways.
Update- I picked up another dime box and snagged a penny one as well. As soon as I cracked the top of the dimes, I realized I had yet another set of all 2010 P's... I may just try and sell them. The penny box was pretty decent. 20 wheats this time and 2 really nice ones with lots of luster! There was a '36s and two '39's -my three oldest so far. Also got my first King George and 2010 shield. Thanks for lookin and HH.

Attachments

• coinsI.JPG
    coinsI.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 452
  • coin.JPG
    coin.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 459
  • coins3.JPG
    coins3.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 492
  • coin 4.JPG
    coin 4.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 425
  • pennies.JPG
    pennies.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 448
  • penniesII.JPG
    penniesII.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: Bought an assortment of 4 boxes this week

nice finds. on the other note i think charging for air is stupid too. i mean what's next? a coin operated water fountain? :tongue3:

chow

Feb 25, 2010
MIDWEST

Sweet!!! Let me know where that gas station is - I've got $1,000 in halves to dump which is 2,000 halves, so maybe she will give me 8,000 quarters?????

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Nice finds and great pixs. Very inspirational. Thta's what CRHing is all about
rileyboy

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

silvercop said:
nice finds. on the other note i think charging for air is stupid too. i mean what's next? a coin operated water fountain? :tongue3:
hmmm...u know thats actually a pretty good idea...better get it patented just incase :laughing9:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

nice score on the keepers still, gotta love wheaties!
PS Sinclair has free air pump thingies :)

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

silvercop said:

maybe thats what coinstar should do next! fresh poland spring haha...

nice update/pics!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma's gonna get you. I'm sorry but, I was in a hurry doesn't cut it. Now get out there and make up for that slip up.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread