What are you all paying for rolling supplies?

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hi all, I am curious as to how much you figure it costs you to re roll your coins, say per $100 worth dumped? and also how do you mark your rolls, i.e does your bank make you put your phone number on them or what? Last year I took in a bunch of rolls and the teller said I needed to put my account number on them! I said do you sell these to any one or keep them, she said we sell them, I said not with my account # on them you don't, so she said your phone # would work to, better! so like I said I am just curious as to the costs, thanks for any info and HH!

Chuck.

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually just dump mine in the coin machine unless they are dimes, in which case I usually just use customer rolls and put them back in when I'm done and no, the banks haven't required me to put anything on it, but they might do it behind the counter, I've never really asked and none of the rolls I get from that bank (I don't ever dump halves there, I dump dimes and quarters there though, they don't complain because I do some odd jobs around my apartment complex that involve taking out quarters from the washer and dryers and I don't get hardly any silver from it) have any account numbers or names on them.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You can get roll paper free at large banks like BofA. As for me, I just reuse the wrapper that the coins came in whether plastic or paper.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My dump bank just tells me to swipe my ATM so they have the account number. No big deal. As far as dimes, I put them back into their plastic sleeves and turn the box in. I actually weigh the rolls if they are in range. Some come short or with extra. The rolls with silver, I just take out the silver one and replace it with a clad back into the plastic sleeve. They just count the rolls and don't even ask for my account number. Dimes in plastic are easy to search for. Not a lot of work. Get a scale to see if each roll is accurate if there's no visible silver in the roll.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what I have been using for years and their cheap too !!!!

Attachments

• zig-zag.jpg
    zig-zag.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 178

Coil to Soil

Mar 30, 2010
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
coolpix9 said:
This is what I have been using for years and their cheap too !!!!

I knew that this had to be coming sooner or later, it's what I first thought of when I read the title.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
my bank gives out wrappers etc., but i usually just dump 'em in the machine, but if they r being a-holes, the next time i come in i will hand them a box of halves that r rerolled, so that they have to store it in their vault, and count it every night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread