Post your Half Dollar Box Finds

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I'm down to 10 boxes a week from 14 because of poor production. And It's been awfull the last 4 months I might just stop doing boxes for a while or at least cut that back a little. It seems no silver is getting past the tellers.

I don't believe that Brinks or Loomis are culling, just that none are making it to them. With everybody and their brother searching nothing is getting by the tellers or the cold callers.

On average, in the last 3 or 4 months my 10 boxes are 80% skunks with a sporadic 1 or 2 that might contain a 1/2 dozen keepers. Last month was the first month that I did not pull at least 1 walker since I started doing this 4 years ago. It has been Horrable.

Good luck to you all. Seems like we killed it.

Mojo

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
How about a month total. Did 35 boxes so far this month, with 22 being skunks. This is the first month since I started this hobby that I had more skunk boxes than boxes with at least 1 silver. The 13 producing boxes gave up 19 90%'ers and 45 40%'ers. If not for a few decent CWR finds August would really be sucking.

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I am ZERO for 20, yes 20 boxes this month. My worst streak ever and with the amount of competition it is getting much worse just to order and then dump. Some fellow hunters in my area have managed to piss off just about every teller in just about every branch I go to. I spent years building up relationships (and bank accounts) and these 2-3 individuals have ruined a lot of it with their sense of entitlement. Oh well. I have down shifted to smaller denominations less frequently and am taking a much needed break. I hope everyone except the 2-3 competitors in Ventura County CA have great luck and score the motherload. HH all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread