Buying halves from the fed?

OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
I asked one of my banks if they order halves and they said no.. Maybe I can sweet talk em into ordering them for me as long as I dont bring them back to their bank lol. Ive bought 300.00 in halves 3 days in a row and they still have a ton of halves left! So far ive got 26 40%ers from the bank. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some more! Oh yeah I just got my 16 swiss 20 francs and MS-64 peace dollars in the mail woo hoo.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverwannabe said:
I asked one of my banks if they order halves and they said no.. Maybe I can sweet talk em into ordering them for me as long as I dont bring them back to their bank lol. Ive bought 300.00 in halves 3 days in a row and they still have a ton of halves left! So far ive got 26 40%ers from the bank. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some more! Oh yeah I just got my 16 swiss 20 francs and MS-64 peace dollars in the mail woo hoo.

I asked one of my banks if they ordered halves as well and they told me no. Then I explained that often other banks will order them for you and the lady became curious and looked it up and found out that she can order them in boxes of $500. So don't give up, they can order them, you just have to find a teller that is nice enough to do it for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread