I MAY STOP ORDERING HALVES (with photographs) August 27th, 2010

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
My silver half keeper count went from 77 to 97 yesterday. Seven coins were 1964, the rest were 1966, 1967 and 1968. Three of the 1964 coins look absolutely uncirculated – all of the coins are beautiful.
I did an internet search yesterday, and noticed two banks were very close to a Metro Train Station that I pass along the train route that I take to and from work every day. I have never before had a reason to get off the train at this particular station – also, the area is not someplace I would want to be after dark.
I called during my lunch break, and asked if they had any half-dollar coins. They had $50 worth. I told the lady I would stop by on my way home from work and get them. As the teller returned with the five rolls, the first thing I noticed was that the paper rolls did look old, also an account number had been written on each roll. Most of the silver coins were in two rolls, four of the five rolls contained silver coins. (I got a nice rubber band, too!)
I’m starting to do so well with teller-tray coins, I may stop ordering boxes of halves.

Happy Hunting

Half Hound

Attachments

• AUG 27 2010 - 1.jpg.JPG
    AUG 27 2010 - 1.jpg.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,039
  • AUG 27 2010 - 2.jpg.JPG
    AUG 27 2010 - 2.jpg.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,040
Upvote 0

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
That is an awesome find! very pretty silver, and is it just me or is putting your account number on a roll of coins insane! I mean what with ID theft and all? HH

Chuck.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customer rolls and teller trey finds seem to keep producing for me in my area. Boxes can just be so hit or miss. Sometimes boxes can be great scores, but they don't seem as consistant. I haven't done a box in a couple of months, might try some soon though. I like bags better, they're just not as easy to get ahold of.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Half Hound!
Told ya!!!!. Great score and excellent pix.
Thanks for giving me some credit for keeping
you hunting. It's out there. All the best and
congrats!
rileyboy

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
customer rolls generally have a higher keeper ratio than boxes. when you get all the rolls they have on hand you have a better chance of picking up all coins in someones collection as opposed to having the same 5 rolls dumped into a counter and getting mixed with all clad and someone's dumps. the only thing i feel is better than customer rolls is getting bags off the coin counters as they could contain several colllections. too bad i can't get them here in Philly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread