selling silver?

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
You can try Craigslist. There are no fees everyone pays cash. Or you can go ebay route. But there are bigger fees the higher price it sells.

-bigJ

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need to pile up 1000 pieces to sell to APMEX. They pay 93.3% of melting price. The fee is shipping plus insurance ($25 or so).

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on the condition of your coins. If you have some coins in nice condition, it would pay to take them to a coin shop or coin dealer, however, if its just "junk silver" I'd go the AMPEX route if you've got a lot or sell them through Craigslist or Ebay, some people will overpay, especially if you include the years and mintmarks if you are just selling a few. If you have some refiners in your area thats another option for getting rid of "junk silver" but if you've got any decent condition coins, some coin dealers will pay significant premiums over melt for some of them, particularly the older stuff (Bens, Walkers, Mercs, Barbers, etc) if the date is readable.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Gshock said:
What do you think is the best way to sell your silver off? until today I'd never heard of Ampex but I don't think I'll ever get that much quantity to sell but who knows.

GBS

Is it ampex, or is it apmex?

??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread