Not the way to start...

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, I stopped at a bank on the way home to pick up $100 in halves. When the teller handed them to me, I noticed that most of the rolls looked a little beat up. I thought this could mean one of two things. Either they've been searched or they've just been moved around a bit. When I opened a roll to find 15 bicentennials, I knew these were not randomly put together. Bummer. As I suspected, not one silver. Kinda a let down since my very first purchase worth only $40 netted me one 40%'er. I know not to feel too bad since I often read that some of you will go through $500+ and get skunked. I'll turn them in today and try another bank soon. Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, there will be bad days with the good. I can remember 3 times I have gotten $1000 worth and gotten skunked. It is all a part of it.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
One is better than nothing! Congrats on finding it,and there will be plenty more.
Like the others have said, you can go thru $1500.00 or more and not get any. It's
happened to me as well.

OP
OP
Tabfry

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I ran to the bank at lunch to dump off the 200 skunks I got yesterday. The vault lady was at out to lunch herself, so I'll have to stop bye on my way home tonight to grab a new batch.

Keepin' my fingers crossed...
Tabfry

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I went through about 1200$ empty last month before finding a franklin at a bank that had 1$ in halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions