Benedict Arnold Could Have Done No Worse (with photographs)

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Saturday, September 4th, 2010

I know I’m a full-blooded Half-Hound but I feel like a Benedict Arnold! I did dimes today, a full box. I don’t even like dimes. Dimes are too small and I’m too clumsy. I dropped most of them, and I lost a few. But I found 3 silver Roosevelt dimes and a 2005 British Five Pence coin. All three dimes were 1964. I received a silver dime in change about 10 or 12 years ago, but these are the first silver dimes I have ever found while coin roll hunting. I did have fun!

I suspected the 4th coin was not a regular dime because the silver-colored edge was a bit wide, and the reeding (ridges on the edge) was spaced differently.

True to my breed, I did find the 1967 half today, too.

Half Hound

Attachments

• LITE Benedict Arnold - 1.jpg
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 1.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 545
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 2.jpg
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 534
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 3.jpg
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 3.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 534
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 4.jpg
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 4.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Holy crap, if you are finding animal tusks in your dimes it might be time to find a new bank! j/k, cool finds, man.

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
I did two boxes of dimes last week. All I got was the five pence. It was a bit wide so I knew it was some type of foreign coin.

I did set aside two rolls that one each of coins so dirty I could not tell if they were clad or silver (I use a 20-40x stereo microscope to edge sort). I'll have to bust them open when I get home from work.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on the dimes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love the pics.
HH..Miner

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Five Pence piece is very common. I don't know why. So far, I've gotten like 5 of them so far this year. You'll find that Canadian clad dimes are common too, although I did get a very worn 1936 Canadian dime last week. It was my only keeper in that box. Dime skunks are very discouraging because dimes are a pain to get rid of.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
EpsilonMinus said:
Holy crap, if you are finding animal tusks in your dimes it might be time to find a new bank! j/k, cool finds, man.
lol! i laughed for like an hour after i read this hahahaha!
nice score on the dimes and the 40er! keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions