My first Franklin!!!

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While doing only my sixth box of halves ever, found a 1952-D Franklin!!! Also found an UNC 1969-D that was an ender, but I didn't notice it when opening the box and checking for enders. Heck, I didn't even notice when opening the roll to look at edges. Finally saw it when I was checking dates. I have yet to find a 90% Kenn.
My meager lifetime results (last couple of months):
Box 1 -skunk
Box 2- (1) 40%er
Box 3 -(4) 40%er's
Box 4- skunk
Box 5- skunk (actually not a full box, only $430)
Box 6- (see above)

HH to all,
Legend

Upvote 0

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Pretty cool beans there Legand, bet that felt nice seeing that one huh? Nice! HH.

Chuck.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on your first ben :thumbsup:
Bad luck on those skunk boxes, but you did get some silver. Hope you do better next time.
HH..Miner

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firsts are always so nice. :icon_sunny:

HSH,

apush :read2:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wow..you got shorted $60 from a box? That must be a record. May be it was the employees at the bank that took out the $60 that had all the keepers in them? Some employee at a bank told me when some customer ordered some IKES, he looked through them first before giving it out and took out a couple Morgans.

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Always exciting finding something for the first time. Hopefully your first Walking Liberty will come soon.

OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
Wow..you got shorted $60 from a box? That must be a record. May be it was the employees at the bank that took out the $60 that had all the keepers in them? Some employee at a bank told me when some customer ordered some IKES, he looked through them first before giving it out and took out a couple Morgans.

Actually it was $70 short, but I only gave $430 for it. Sorry for the confusion, I was just stating the fact that it wasn't actually a full box I searched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread