Dilema

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just "Cold" called on a bank looking for halves. Teller asked how much I wanted, I said that I would take all that I could
get. She said you want "$500.00" in halves! I almost filled my pants, grabbed the wallet and only had $275.00 on my person.

Kid is going to run home and get the rest from our safe......

1) I usually get Brinks boxes once a week and the last three have been skunks. She said that it was a Brinks Bag and she had not rolled them yet.... :hello2: Said she orders a bad a week and they come in on Mondays (Filed that away in the memory bank - so to speak).

2) My normal pickup bank didn't order for this week and my friend (Vault Manager) was on vacation. I have no experience with bags versus boxes.

There is no doubt that I am buying them, my dilema is are "Bags" better than boxes even though they come from the same company?

Upvote 0

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Id worry more that the 500 box is a dump. Bags or boxes ? unless its a dump i take all i can get, gets a little expensive. Another problem with needing large sums of money for a small return are banks that want accounts for getting coins. I have about 5 thousand tied up just in banks that said i needed an account for coins or dumping.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
Id worry more that the 500 box is a dump. Bags or boxes ? unless its a dump i take all i can get, gets a little expensive. Another problem with needing large sums of money for a small return are banks that want accounts for getting coins. I have about 5 thousand tied up just in banks that said i needed an account for coins or dumping.

It came from Brinks, can't be a dump at the bank.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is a bank ordering halves to just sit around in their vault? Sounds fishy.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
Why is a bank ordering halves to just sit around in their vault? Sounds fishy.

Nope, This bank is in a "High" visibility area. Most banks are hidden in strip malls and such here, this one is right on the corner and is one of the "Bigger" banks in Florida. She said that she constantly gets people asking for halves that are customers of the
bank and management decided to order $500.00 a week just to keep their customers happy. She told me it doesn't matter what they order as they are charged a monthly flat rate from Brinks to handle their currency. I just picked up the bag, it is clear and
has todays date on it in the "Delivered" section. It is a sealed clear bag with the "Brinks Logo" all over it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
quiksilver said:

It came from Brinks, can't be a dump at the bank.
Just remember that there is alot of hunters dumping at machines. Brinks picks it up, turns around and delivers it to the bank. ffd

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Freedom i got a bag from B&A two weeks ago 1 /67 and fifteen extra dollars in halfs. Happy hunting Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread