New to the site... Figured Id share my best find...

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
New to the site... Figured I'd share my best find...

EDIT: These pics are coming up huge for me, however the place I have them hosted at definitely has them way smaller... let me know if they're too big and I'll figure something else out.

So, I'm new to this site, but not to roll searching, thanks to cointalk. I was recently banned for reasons we won't get into, so I need somewhere else to rant and rave about my roll finds, and that is going to be here. With that said, I basically started out with halves, had some luck, but that pretty quickly disappeared. I think, to date, I've searched around $17,500 in halves and found about $300 melt value in silver.

So I tried my luck in dimes, and it's been a lot better. Then, just under a month ago (8/19), I got my best box to date. 19 mercs, 8 roosies, for a total of 27 silver dimes. The best roll had 5 silvers, 4 of which were Mercs... Took the first pic below right after I pulled 'em outta the roll. The other pic is the finds from that box. Things have dried up in dimes since then, and I've moved on to nickels (4 buffs in 5 boxes, 6 silvers) and now back to halves. My most recent purchase of halves was $92 from a coin counting machine that yielded 3 40%'s and a '42 Walker in F+.

5.jpg

27.jpg

Upvote 0

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Re: New to the site... Figured I'd share my best find...

Nice work on the shiny stuff Ltrain, and welcome to the forum! that is a really good haul of dimes to found.

Chuck.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

very nice. vent all you want here... post whenever you hunt :)

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good score Ltrain, love the pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010

Yeah dimes were fun until they dried up. Pulled 100 silver dimes in about 5 weeks, $6,500 or so searched. The Philly area sucks for roll searching.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3

And figuring that silver is up 32c/oz today to $20.47, a U S silver dime is worth $1.50 EACH for its silver content. Keep searching for the silver....I use my metal detector.

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois

Hey LTrain welcome! I discovered this site through cointalk myself, sorry you got banned there, sounded like a bad rap. Anyway hope you find a ton of silver! I got skunked today on my box, oh well.

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv

Welcome aboard, I've lurked on cointalk lately and seen some of your finds in the coin roll thread. I wonder if that's where Obediahs gone?

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010

Thanks guys, and yeah, I'm not very happy with why I got banned. Suffice to say, kids under 10 shouldn't be on forums to start with.

Did some more today, I might just make this my regular updating thread since my finds usually suck. Nothing in $250 quarters, 1 silver dime in $250 dimes, and a roll of 1960 and earlier nickels from $100, including an AU 1960 DDR-016.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread