Silver flows before the road trip starts

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
After my box with all the Walkers Wednesday I decided we had to do a road trip Friday to see if the luck would continue. I have a new additional duty at the Credit Union I work for, balancing the coin counting machine (Oh darn :wink: ). They wanted me to come in Friday morning and balance the machine. I found 3 silver dimes, a 47, a 62-D, and a 63-D. Not a bad start to the day. Stopped to withdraw 3K for my road trip and the teller had saved me a 65 Kennedy. Nice little stack of silver already.
10SEP10PreHunt.jpg

My road trip was 6 towns with 20 banks. No luck getting any bags off counting machines. 11 of the banks had no halves or a small amount with no silver. 2 banks had 10 rolls each but both skunks.

The first town had 2 banks. One had a bag with $200 loose that she said she just counted to send off. I think someone had emptied a half album because there was a bunch of clad halves that looked like they just came out of mint sets. The bag also had a 64, 69-D, 87-P, 87-D, and finally a 1970-D. Only my second in the last 3 1/2 years.
10SEP101970-D.jpg

The 3rd town had 2 banks. One of the banks sold me 2 unopened boxes plus an extra $50 in machine rolls. Never even asked if I had an account. First box only had a 67. The second box made up for it with a 43-D Walker, 53-D Franklin, 64-D, 65, 4x 67, 2x 68-D, 2x 69-D, 03-P, and 2 chromed.

The 5th town had 5 banks. 1 had $50 in hand rolls that produced a 68-D. Another bank had $8.50 in the teller trays. The teller I talked to had a 66, 68-D, and a 69-D that she never looked twice at.

The last town had 7 banks. One sold me $120 in rolls that were a skunk. The last bank sold me a box and another $100 in rolls. The box had a 66 Kennedy.

Here is a picture of the total for the day
10SEP10Total.jpg

Last week was a really good coin hunting week for me.

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, and a good hunt.
What do u mean they have you balance the coin counting machine?? Doesn't a teller have to do that?? Either way, sounds like the tellers at that bank are good to you, I'd love it if my tellers held onto silver for me.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I work part time as a teller at this Credit Union. I was friends with the head teller and when I started searching halves she told me I could bring all my dumps to them. After about a year the bank manager said since I was there so much I should probably just work there, so I filled out an application and they hired me to work Saturday mornings.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's really cool, I should try to do that. I would love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions