todays 4 brinks boxes

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

What do you mean by dumping fees? Your bank charges you to deposit coins?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

silvercop said:
out of the four boxes three were skunks, the other gave up one 40%. think i am going to cancel my order from this bank next week. just not worth it with the dumping fees anymore. still will do 2K in halves from another bank.

You have been cutting back for a while now. I kind of wonder what would happen if you went back to 20 +4.
HH
Rich

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

2 boxes a week are what I get and I beat the 10-20 box people over the long haul without all the coin to dump.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

EpsilonMinus said:
What do you mean by dumping fees? Your bank charges you to deposit coins?
yes my dump bank charges me 3.00 per bag of 1K to dump and i have to buy the bags from them too (75.00 per case of 100). it's a long story that i have explained in detail on several threads.

rich as far as the 20+4 goes (my old amount of volume every week) the dumping fees would kill me. i think all the boxes have run dry for a while based on my finds and other's boxes here. guess there will always be a good one every now and then but when silver is this high the dream boxes just don't come around

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

Hi Ho Silver! said:
2 boxes a week are what I get and I beat the 10-20 box people over the long haul without all the coin to dump.
think i am going to give your strategy a try and see what happens

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Hi Ho Silver! said:

You must be averaging 40+ keepers per box ! Good show :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

hey rich funny thing-----i have had plenty of time to reflect over all the skunk boxes i have been getting over the past 2 months and i have come to realize that my area has been hunted dry. i know that i played a major role in this by doing 24 boxes every week for about 2 years. i think that the day is about to come that i am going to stop doing halves....at least for a while anyway. i know your boxes are still good so if i were you i would crank up the volume and get it while you can.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silvercop, have you thought about trying bags?? Find a bank with a coin machine that you don't dump at, and see if they will sell you bags off the machine. I have great luck with the bags, I never get skunked. Just dump them off at another bank. I'd find a bank that won't charge you fees though. Good luck.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Do you think there's someone else in the area that does this too and they dump at your bank facility so you get all his dumps?

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

hey tim i have thought of that too. bad thing is there is only one bank (with several branches) around here with the coin machines. this happens to be my dump bank. one of the branches of this bank flat out refuses to sell me any bags. i tried to buy one once when i was dumping pennies. the bag of pennies filled up and the teller had to come over and change it out. i could see the half bag on the machine and could see several silvers in the bag. tried everything i knew to get it but they refused. now at another branch they will sell me all the bags of anything i want. bought one half bag from them and it was a skunk. guess it was my competitor's dumps. at another branch i was told that they will sell me the bag when it fills up. vault teller says they dont change out the half bag there but about every 3 or 4 months so that sounds like that may be the bag to get. the vault teller at this branch is supposed to call me when it fills. been waiting about 2 months now

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

SFBayArea said:
Do you think there's someone else in the area that does this too and they dump at your bank facility so you get all his dumps? sure do. i know 3 of them. i wonder how they get away with it though because this bank kicked me off the coin counter about 2 years ago. said i was causing too much wear and tear on the machine :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:they give me grief every chance they get. i guess the other guys must keep their dumps under 500.00 at a time to keep from going through so many bag changes and bringing attention to themselves. :icon_scratch: can't really see anyone doing large volumes and using coinstars or the like. that would add up fast

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

silvercop said:
SFBayArea said:
Do you think there's someone else in the area that does this too and they dump at your bank facility so you get all his dumps? sure do. i know 3 of them. i wonder how they get away with it though because this bank kicked me off the coin counter about 2 years ago. said i was causing too much wear and tear on the machine :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:they give me grief every chance they get. i guess the other guys must keep their dumps under 500.00 at a time to keep from going through so many bag changes and bringing attention to themselves. :icon_scratch: can't really see anyone doing large volumes and using coinstars or the like. that would add up fast

Silvercop, you need to conduct a surveillance operation. You need to find out who the CRH's are and follow them to their pickup bank. Do you have a BofA over there? BofA here lets you for free.. they just take my halves and ship them out. They give me cash for them upfront. They told me if it was off, they would just deduct it from my account. So far, not problems at all. In the past I have dumped 5 boxes with them with no problem although I usually do less since I don't order as much as many others here. They just give me the cash. My reputation is that they trust me and never have a problem with the box being off. Give them a try if you have one in your area. They might ask you to open an account with them however.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

silvercop said:
hey rich funny thing-----i have had plenty of time to reflect over all the skunk boxes i have been getting over the past 2 months and i have come to realize that my area has been hunted dry. i know that i played a major role in this by doing 24 boxes every week for about 2 years. i think that the day is about to come that i am going to stop doing halves....at least for a while anyway. i know your boxes are still good so if i were you i would crank up the volume and get it while you can.

SC,
You have mined several thousand keepers from the Alabama banks,and may very well have dried it up singlehandedly. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:I have to admit that it was almost as much fun reading about your scores then getting them myself(nothing to dump).
My main bank was about to cut me off but decided to let me continue to get my 8, only because the other fellow ordering quit. My Friday bank I had to fire because of the repackaged dump boxes from loomis. The only way I can order more boxes is to find another bank that is not serviced by Loomis. I can,and I may,but right now I lack the motivation to go looking. :dontknow:
HH
Rich

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to hear that Silvercop

Banks are also getting more strict charging all kind of fees.

You will do better next time.

Darth Walker

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois

Hope your area picks up again, probably just need to give it a few months/year for people to dump silver back into the system. The economy still isn't great so people are still getting their old change jars to dump, but maybe not as many as before. Can always hope to hit the boxes that someone dumped grandpa's collection in :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread