Beginners luck (24) pre 70 halves. 5 proof halves?

C10steve

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
Metal detecting got me to this site and after some lurking I stumble onto the coin roll idea and the rest is history. Long story short, I picked up $150.00 in halves from the bank this morning and found a complete roll of 1967 halves. I'm hooked. Pics will follow soon!

I also found 6 halves in very very nice shape with the S mark on them and 2 1972 with the same quality with no mint stamp?

Attachments

• coins 24.jpg
    coins 24.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 380
  • coins7.jpg
    coins7.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Beginners luck (20) pre 70 halves.

Good score, love the pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

OP
OP
C

C10steve

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
I should have wiped off the finger prints, before I took the pics...but its so hard not to hold them :laughing7:

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Good score. Just remember, if you plan to collect coins NEVER touch them without gloves. CRH is a different story because they have already been handled and abused to some extreme. :laughing7: :laughing7:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
C10steve said:
Metal detecting got me to this site and after some lurking I stumble onto the coin roll idea and the rest is history. Long story short, I picked up $150.00 in halves from the bank this morning and found a complete roll of 1967 halves. I'm hooked. Pics will follow soon!

I also found 6 halves in very very nice shape with the S mark on them and 2 1972 with the same quality with no mint stamp?

Good job.

But the 1972's are not proof. NOtice how the heads are not frosted? they are just as shiny as the rest of the coin. That's a giveaway. PLus they don'thave the S mint mark.

FYI.

Great score though.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
awesome score!!! ive never found a solid roll!!! awesome! also love the proofs!!! now for the bad news, the 1972 halves are just average halves...ull find lots more from searching more halves...sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread