A buffalo grazes in the Snack Bar

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
I have not posted any of my finds while CRH (because I have just started and already have to take a break from it because of wedding plannig :occasion18:), but I thought i would the story of todays find because it just brightend my day :icon_sunny: on such a cool and rainy day.

Since starting at my current job there has been a snack bar that had no way of tracking sales. To help the person out i wrote a little inventory and sales program in Excel. In doing so I had to teach her how to use the program, take inventory and count the money properly in the jar. Well today while helping her take inventory and count the change I noticed a special little nickle looking back at me. It was a 1934 Buffalo. I got excited because this is only the second one I have seen. I asked if i could give her a modern clad nickle in exchange and she said go right ahead. I was so happy. This is only my second buffalo. The first one i got from a month ago from a vending maching. The vending machine was filled with old and forign coins along with silver certificates. Deposit 50 cents and a random item you shall recieve. Well any way she is going to continue to watch for older coins for me and let me exchange newer coins for them. This is also a place were I dumped lots of my 50 cent pieces.

Man I love a hobby that don't cost anything but time! :hello2:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread