My First A. Weinman Dime!!!

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Picked up two boxes of dimes today. The third roll from box #1 produced a nice '64d, so it felt good to get a skunk out of the way that quickly. Two thirds through the box, I had nothing more to report, but then I noticed what was clearly a silver rim, though an old one. Thinking nothing more, I pulled the dime and was thrilled to see a mercury. It's a very warn 1927, and appears to be a Philly mint. It took me over 20 boxes, but I finally met my goal of finding a merc this year!!!

Box 2 was a skunk, but I'm still glad to have found a merc, and an old one at that! ;D

Attachments

• 1st merc.JPG
    1st merc.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 1st mercii.JPG
    1st mercii.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
MauserMan said:
Picked up two boxes of dimes today. The third roll from box #1 produced a nice '64d, so it felt good to get a skunk out of the way that quickly. Two thirds through the box, I had nothing more to report, but then I noticed what was clearly a silver rim, though an old one. Thinking nothing more, I pulled the dime and was thrilled to see a mercury. It's a very warn 1927, and appears to be a Philly mint. It took me over 20 boxes, but I finally met my goal of finding a merc this year!!!

Box 2 was a skunk, but I'm still glad to have found a merc, and an old one at that! ;D
Nice Job! Finding mercs is probaly one of the most exciting things when hunting dimes. Hopefully there is more to come for you

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Congrats! The only Merc I've found had a hole drilled in it... Oh well, still a Merc. Good on you!

HH

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice find MauserMan! all the more sweet due to the time it took to find, enjoy it and the many more to come. HH!

Chuck.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score MauserMan :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
had to look up A.Weinman. didn't know he designed the Merc and the Walking Liberty :thumbsup:
good info
I knew what u meant. Cool score :icon_thumleft:.
HH,
Legend

OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
legend76 said:
mistergee said:
had to look up A.Weinman. didn't know he designed the Merc and the Walking Liberty :thumbsup:
good info
I knew what u meant. Cool score :icon_thumleft:.
HH,
Legend
I guess he designed the peace dollar also. Not too shabby...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread