legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of reasons..
Demand is up, supply is down....
US Economic problems....
Silver's many uses (solar panels, anti biotic properties, etc.). Silver gets used up, where as Gold typically doesn't.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollar sucks because the feds are going to artificially stimulate the economy again by throwing more money around. Kinda like the cash for clunkers thing. Most of the cars turned in were not "clunkers". They were mostly cars that were running fine. People that could afford a new car anyway got an even better deal with the poor tax payers paying for much of their new car. After everything settles down again, and the dollar becomes worth something again, silver will fall back.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.

I was under the impression that there is roughly two more years worth of silver in the earths crust we could get at. This was what was going to drive the price higher and industrial demand was increasing. I can see the argument for Gold as it is continously recycled, but
silver tends to be used in items that last forever. Anyway, what do I know, I still have 15 more years of collecting before I cash it all in
and retire to the hills of TN or GA. :hello2:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

I was under the impression that there is roughly two more years worth of silver in the earths crust we could get at. This was what was going to drive the price higher and industrial demand was increasing. I can see the argument for Gold as it is continously recycled, but
silver tends to be used in items that last forever. Anyway, what do I know, I still have 15 more years of collecting before I cash it all in

What part of the hills of GA are you aiming for? There are some nice areas just north of me.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WWOT

What would Obidiah think?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This statement was on MSN today in regards to gold prices. (9/22/10)

Gold's surge was in reaction to the Federal Reserve's announcement Tuesday that it stood ready to do more to support the economy. The announcement also dropped interest rates and pushed the U.S. dollar lower again against major currencies.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
WWOT

What would Obidiah think?

I miss Obe on here. Is the admin ever going to unban him? I still correspond with him and this month has been awesome for him for silver hunting.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:

What part of the hills of GA are you aiming for? There are some nice areas just north of me.

We have a couple of places in mine. Dillard in North East GA, Maggie Valley in NC and Cosby in TN. Basically he smokey mountains
is where we want to live out our years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread